To promote the profession and inspire the best talent to choose procurement and supply management as a career, for the second year Hays and CIPS have carried out an in-depth survey. This benchmarks salaries, bonuses and benefits for different roles in different regions and sectors, and highlights the perceived value of the profession up to Board level, and to understand the career aspirations of professionals and is based on a survey of over 4,000 procurement employees. William will provide an insight into these findings and into what benefits potential candidates are really looking for in their next career move.
Some of the key findings from the reports:
- The average pay increase reported by procurement professionals in the last year was 5%, higher than the national average of 2.9%
- 50% of procurement professionals are planning to move jobs in the next two years, good news for the 64% of employers who are looking to recruit into their procurement function in the coming years
- However, finding the right talent is the top recruitment challenge with 74% of employers facing this in the past year
According to CIPS Eighty per cent of procurement leaders believe soft skills training would help them perform better and have a major impact on their performance at work. Moreover, good communicators with excellent commercial skills are valued and highly sought after. One of the newest methods of communication is the three minute presentation. This method was originally developed by the University of Queensland- Australia. Generally, 3MT presentations are known as ‘research pitch’, however, they are widely used as a communication training technique.
This innovative type of presentations is different than the old fashion presentation slides. In this method, the presenter has to compress his/her interests, motivation and actions into 180 seconds, and communicates this to an audience outside of their immediate specialism, for example: suppliers, customers, finance, HR and operations, etc. You can accompany your presentation with a single, static power point slide, but this is not compulsory.
It would be an interesting training to see if you are able to share the challenges/innovative solutions/projects/ research with other delegates in the form of 3M presentations.
The aim of 3M presentations are:
- To sell your idea to wider audiences,
- Engage people’s interest and encourage the spectators to ask you more during the discussion period.
- It offers presenters the chance to speak to a larger and more cross disciplinary audience than a conventional presentation.
To put your name forward for a 3 minute slot please contact email@example.com