There are few elements more pivotal to the overall procurement process than a well-defined, accessible yet thorough specification. This one-day workshop provides a crash course in ensuring the robust development of a specification for a product or service.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be equipped with:
- The ability to draft an accessible and clear specification, using strong and correct language and cutting out undue and potentially dangerous ambiguity that might damage the end service.
- An understanding of the process to develop, evaluate, and review a specification, ensuring that anything published can be understood and interpreted correctly by the intended audience. This also pertains to the degree to which the organisation can assess the ultimate performance of delivery.
- The skillset to draft specifications that will ultimately achieve the desired outcome for the organisation, and that are tailored to the degree of complexity involved in a given category.
- The knowledge to diagnose when a more generic or market-geared specification is appropriate, or when more specific or client-unique standards are required, and then the tools and skills to proceed accordingly.
- An understanding of how to identify what in a specification drives quality, and how best to close present and future performance gaps.