The CIPS International Development team works with governments and International Funding Institutions (IFIs) including the World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the United Nations, to deploy their funding effectively to build a sustainable procurement environment.
We help them and their client beneficiaries achieve:
- best practice
- transparency and accountability
- ethical behaviour
- eradication of modern slavery
- value for money
- trained professionals
- advice and support on the development of governance structures for public procurement
- guidance and support in the drafting and development of procurement laws, regulations and policies
- five internationally recognised qualifications ranging from the Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations to the Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply for individuals and groups
- for corporate entities we offer the CIPS Corporate Certification Primary Award
- a wide range of practical training courses ranging in duration from a half day to five days plus tailored training and development programmes which reflect the local operating environment
- design and development of many ‘compliance-plus’ training courses which comprise both the country’s procurement rules and regulations and professional and technical knowledge
We also build sustainability of capacity and capability by:
- training trainers for all levels of CIPS programmes
- developing and establishing study centres, helping them to deliver national and CIPS qualifications in an effective and consistent manner
As a trusted advisor to governments and public sector entities globally, we are able to serve the public of nations worldwide, with the breadth to reflect local cultural and environmental differences. The CIPS International Development Team is ready to help your organisation achieve best value from your development projects.
CIPS Corporate Certification Primary Award
Developed in conjunction with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), CIPS Corporate Certification Primary Award is specifically designed to help International Funding Institutions to deploy funding effectively and achieve sustainable and measurable improvement in procurement practices from recipients or client beneficiaries.
Corporate Certification Primary Award assesses a recipient organisation’s fundamental procurement processes against an internationally respected standard, demonstrating compliance to legislation, legal frameworks and ethical standards. By assessing policies and procedures, CIPS is able to measure the operational maturity of a procurement and supply chain function, make recommendations for improvements, and deliver results back to the business.
Read the product sheet for more information.
Hear from some organisations that have achieved CIPS Primary Award:
“The management of the company is now certain of the next steps to achieve the efficiency in public procurement and which activities we should undertake in order to manage risk successfully.”
Bosnia and Herzegovina Motorways (JP Autoceste)
“Among the best measurable achievements is that since we obtained the CIPS certification we registered zero complaints about our procurement contracts.”
Romanian Water Company (Compania De Apa Oltenia)