Buyers welcome vendor feedback

18 June 2008
More news

19 June 2008

Nearly all buyers act on feedback they receive from suppliers.

In the latest SM100 poll, 94 per cent of purchasers said they had taken action after receiving formal or informal vendor comments. The remaining 6 per cent had either never acted on a supplier's suggestions or never received any.

Most buyers agreed supplier input was crucial to the procurement process and could help ensure purchasing activity continuously improved. Many respondents said feedback was an important part of their SRM programme and could even help iron out contentious issues in a relationship with a vendor. Others felt it gave them a better understanding of the marketplace.

There was also agreement that being open to input from suppliers indicates how far the profession has developed in recent years.



SMjun2008

LATEST
JOBS
Swindon, Wiltshire
upto £40K base (+ Paid overtime and corporate benefits)
Honda Manufacturing Ltd
Kew gardens, Richmond upon Thames, London (Greater)
£37,000 - £42,500 per annum pro rata, depending on skills and experience
Kew Royal Botanic Gardens
SEARCH JOBS
CIPS Knowledge
Find out more with CIPS Knowledge:
  • best practice insights
  • guidance
  • tools and templates
GO TO CIPS KNOWLEDGE