20 January 2014 | Paul Snell
The 2014 CIPS Middle East Awards is now open for entries.
This year two new categories have been introduced to the awards, which recognise the best in purchasing and supply chain across the Middle East and North Africa.
The deadline for entries is the 27 February, and winners will be announced on the evening of 12 May at a glamorous ceremony at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel in Dubai.
The two new categories are Best Cross-Functional Teamwork Project, which recognises how a procurement team has worked with another part of the same organisation to meet a mutual goal; and Best Public Procurement Project, which is open to all public sector organisations in the region.
These are in addition to the existing seven team and two individual categories (a full list can be found below). Also this year, for the first time, an overall winner, selected from the victors in each category, will be crowned.
A prestigious CIPS MENA award is the highest accolade a company or individual in the region in the procurement and supply chain profession can receive.
There is no charge to enter any of the categories. For full details on how to enter the awards, please visit the website.
For more information about the ceremony, and to book your table for the evening go online, call +44 20 7880 7555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of team categories
• Procurement Team of the Year
• Best Contribution to the Reputation of the Procurement Profession
• Most Improved Purchasing Operation – Start Up
• Most Improved Purchasing Operation – Step Change
• Best Contribution to Corporate Responsibility
• Best People Development Initiative
• Best Supplier Relationship Management
• NEW Best Cross-Functional Teamwork Project
• NEW Best Public Procurement Project
List of individual categories
• CIPS MENA Procurement and Supply Chain Management Professional of the Year
• CIPS MENA Young Procurement and Supply Chain Management Professional of the Year