Social housing consortium Efficiency North has awarded grants of up to £5,000 to 21 community projects throughout Yorkshire and Humber.
Via its Frameworks 4 Good Fund, the consortium supports local projects that are sustainable, provide local employment opportunities, encourage self-sufficiency and provide long-term benefits for the wider local community.
Efficiency North, which was shortlisted in the 2014 CIPS Supply Management Awards for Best Contribution to Corporate Responsibility, has awarded grants of over £165,000 to 56 local projects since the fund opened in 2012. It has also provided in kind contributions of labour and materials from contractors appointed to Efficiency North’s suite of frameworks for housing maintenance and construction services developed for use by the consortium’s membership.
The funding pot is made up from annual contributions gathered through the frameworks to deliver added social value for the communities the housing providers serve, and within which the contractors provide their services.
All projects applying to the fund are sponsored by an organisation that is both a consortium member and a user of its frameworks.
The fund will open for a fourth round of applications in August 2015.
The latest funded projects are:
• Artistic Spectrum, Arts for Minds (Sponsor: Doncaster MBC)
• Bameem, Growing Diversity for Hull (Hull City Council)
• Be Your Best Foundation, Rock Challenge (Wakefield and District Housing)
• Club Doncaster Foundation, Club Doncaster Foundation Academy (St Leger Homes)
• Doncaster New Directions, Amblers Open All Hours (Doncaster MBC)
• Driffield Methodist Church (DMC), Schoolroom Toilets Refurbishment (East Riding of Yorkshire Council)
• Edlington Community Organisation, Winter Wellbeing (Doncaster MBC)
• East Riding Theatre Limited, Accessible ramp and terrace to rear of building (East Riding of Yorkshire Council)
• Field Lane All Residents’ Association (FLARA), Young People's Space (Together Housing Group)
• Friends of Hollybush, Gardening For Mental Health (Connect Housing)
• Friends of Skelton Grange, Growing Together at Skelton Grange (Leeds City Council)
• Heeley Development Trust, Improving Heeley Institute (Sheffield City Council)
• Lavender Court Residents Social Fund, Lavender Court Computer Club (Together Housing Group)
• New Wortley Community Association, Heating Project (Leeds City Council)
• Northern Hull Community Development Limited (Unity in Community), The Greenwood Centre (Hull City Council)
• RFS Teaching Trees, RFS Teaching Trees (Leeds City Council)
• Tadcaster and Rural Community Interest Company, Bright Sparks Youth Enterprise Project (Selby District Council)
• Volcom, Digital Skills (Hull City Council)
• Warmsworth Community Partnership, Warmsworth Community Library Browsing Club (Doncaster MBC)
• YFC Calderdale, Helping Young People Project (Together Housing Group)
• Yorkshire Main Community Centre, Community Job Shop (Doncaster MBC)