A campaign to improve working conditions in Australian garment supply chains has recovered almost $85,000 for textiles, clothing and footwear workers.
The campaign, carried out by the Fair Work Ombudsman, audited 371 textile, clothing and footwear (TCF) businesses considered to be at high risk of non-compliance and found that only 52% were compliant with all their workplace relations requirements. The remaining 48% were found to be in breach of some aspect of workplace obligations.
☛ Want to stay up to date with the news? Sign up to our daily bulletin.