What is CIPS MENA?
CIPS MENA has been formed to support procurement and supply in the region. It is another subsidiary of the CIPS group and in November 2012 a full service institute for the region will officially open.
What countries covered by CIPS MENA office?
It will include Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Gaza, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates ( Abu Dhabi & Dubai), Yemen.
What is the purpose of CIPS MENA?
CIPS MENA will be a full service institute which will promote and develop high standards of professional skill, ability and integrity among all those engaged in procurement and supply chain management. CIPS is the largest professional body of its kind in the world. It is an international organisation offering globally recognised qualifications for procurement and supply chain management professionals and provides a central reference point on matters relating to the profession.
What services will CIPS offer in the region?
Currently CIPS offers the following range of services in the region:
- Professional networking groups in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
- CIPS study centres for individuals wishing to take CIPS qualifications.
- All corporate services including qualifications, our bespoke applied learning route to MCIPS Corporate Award, in-house corporate training programmes, Corporate Certification and bespoke solutions.
- Corporate Academy programmes, similar to those we run with Shell, Kraft, Jaguar Landrover, Transnet and Eskom.
What are the extra benefits of this for me?
CIPS MENA has been created to provide you with better access to training and professional qualifications from a world recognised independent professional body – the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply. We offer study programmes that are recognised around the world; being a member of CIPS gives you access to courses and professional qualifications that are relevant to your industry and important to you in your procurement career.
New services will include:
- A dedicated CIPS MENA website that will feature information relevant for practitioners throughout the region.
- A fresh approach to networking in the region by providing local support to create professional procurement and supply chain communities.
- Easier access to up-skilling events through our professional development training courses and masterclass portfolio.
- Customised products and services with local customer needs firmly in mind without diluting the value, quality strength and integrity of what we do.
What services can I expect from the office in MENA?
CIPS MENA office will have a small staff to support our customers in the region. There will be a programme of skills training events and branch and networking activities for members. To raise the profile of procurement in the region, the office will also be advocating professional procurement with government institutions and large employers.
Will I have the same access to benefits as others around the world?
Yes, you can access all of the professional resources available online including:
What are the business networking opportunities in Middle East?
We will build on the MENA branch network where members from across the region can meet up and network at organised events or visits that provide a place for you to meet with other like-minded professionals.
All members are automatically allocated to a branch based on geographical location.
Will there be an opportunity to attend training and skills events?
Yes. We are planning to hold skills training events across the MENA region.
In which currency can I pay my membership and examination fees?
Currently all members in the MENA region will be required to pay their fees in UK £ Sterling. Going forward there are plans to make it easy to pay by different currencies on our website and at the local office.
If you have further questions about CIPS membership, qualifications or events please visit our Customer Service FAQs.