Hays Procurement, the leading recruiting expert, has partnered with the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) to provide CIPS members with a range of resources to support their careers as part of a new knowledge partnership.
The three-year partnership will provide CIPS members with free career advice, information and guidance on topics from starting a career in procurement and supply chain management through to identifying career paths and planning for a future career. The range of resources and tools includes advice on writing CVs, interview skills, how to approach a competency-based assessment and much more and will be regularly updated to support professional career development.
David Noble, Group CEO, CIPS added, “We are keen to provide our members with as many resources as they need to start a career in the profession or to develop into new sectors and new roles. We’re pleased to be partnering with Hays for their wealth of knowledge in the recruitment sector and believe the partnership will bring dividends to all levels of CIPS membership.”
Nicky Taberner, Director at Hays Procurement & Supply Chain said: “The procurement profession is fast-changing, and our new partnership will help CIPS members take advantage of the growing opportunities in procurement through exclusive access to career advice and guidance from our recruiting experts. Whether you are new to the profession or an aspiring CPO, career planning is essential and understanding what employers look for when recruiting will help achieve your career goals.”
Find out more and access Career Development resources and tools.
View the Hays Career Development resources and interactive tools developed for CIPS members.
For more information on CIPS Knowledge Partnerships please visit: http://cips.org/en-GB/Knowledge/Knowledge-Partnerships/
For further press information please contact:
T. 020 7200 3760
T. +44 (0)1780 761576
The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is the world’s largest procurement and supply professional organisation. It is the worldwide centre of excellence on purchasing and supply management issues. CIPS has a global community of over 115,000 in 150 different countries, including senior business people, high-ranking civil servants and leading academics. The activities of purchasing and supply chain professionals have a major impact on the profitability and efficiency of all types of organisation and CIPS offers corporate solutions packages to improve business profitability.
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2013 the Group employed 7,979 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2013:
- the Group reported net fees of £719 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £125.5 million;
- the Group placed around 53,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 182,000 people into temporary assignments;
- 29% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 40% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 31% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
- the temporary placement business represented 59% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 41% of net fees;
- Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.