How Do You Develop People and Skills in the Procurement & Supply Profession?
The global Procurement & Supply profession is rapidly changing as digital technologies advance, supply chains diversify and the management of goods and services continues to evolve. With these changes, it’s important to have the right people equipped with the right skills to deliver for your organisation.
Successful organisations recognise that the delivery of goods and services at optimum levels to meet demand can be traced back to the Supply Chain Managers and procurement teams supporting an organisations delivery.
Ensure you develop your team with the right skills and adaptable nature to meet these challenges head on so they can continue their invaluable support in the years to come.
Top 5 Skills of Procurement & Supply Professionals
- Great Communicators – Effective communication across all levels to build relationships.
- Negotiation Skills – Ensuring the best value for organisation is agreed
- Supplier Relationship Management – Building relationships with key suppliers to drive value
- Influencing Skills – Ability to influence key stakeholders internally, including at senior levels plus suppliers externally
- The right to exit the agreement
- Internal Stakeholder Management – Effective stakeholder management is critical to driving value and implementing change
CIPS Knowledge related topics, best practice guides and white papers include: leadership and promotion of people and skills management, influencing skills, financial analysis and reporting for purchasers, marketing for purchasers, change management, project/programme management and career development.
CIPS/Hays Procurement Salary Guide and Insights 2020
Insights into the challenges and opportunities for the profession including the skills most in demand for 2020. Plus benchmark data on salaries, bonuses and benefits.
Click on your region below to download your country report: