What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic fundamentals of the procurement cycle and how each phase contributesto the effective management of spend categories and the supply chain function
- Understand the need for the involvement of procurement in specification development andbuild a basic understanding of the category sourcing process
- Undertake supplier appraisal, develop a post tender appraisal and develop tender
- Describe the difference between performance and supplier relationship management, and howto effectively manage termination.
What key points will the training cover?
- Introduction to procurement and supply
- Role and value-add of procurement
- Category management
- Supply chain management
- Ethical considerations
- Planning and specifying the purchase
- Planning procurement activities
- Five ‘rights’ of procurement
- Characteristics of different spend categories
- Types of specification
- Engaging suppliers in early discussion
- Managing the competitive bid process
- Selection, process and evaluation criteria
- Award and supplier performance management
This is delivered in 1 Day only, which will run from 9am to 5pm (UAE Local Time, GMT+4).