Newly created Responsible Supply Manager role with a major national organisation in Auckland. Opportunity to lead a new division and shape it into a high-performing, valuable function which will ultimately touch lives in every corner of New Zealand.
About the Responsible Supply Manager role:
Unique opportunity to redevelop group systems, processes and capability relating to responsible supply management and drive this discipline for the organisation.
You will lead the development of:
- Strategic policy and reporting mechanisms to support the Responsible Supply Programme, ensuring the policy integrates with other Procurement collateral and wider policies;
- A capability uplift framework and education training material to be used with internal stakeholders and commercial partners;
- A triage framework to provide a consistent, standardised response to emergent cases of worker exploitation;
- Key Performance Indicators and other metrics to ensure the effectiveness of the programme along with appropriate internal and external reporting mechanisms;
- Processes to monitor and manage mitigation strategies to address emergent risks related to modern slavery and worker exploitation within the organisation's operations both domestically and internationally.
You will lead the development of supply chain mapping and labour forecasting expertise, working closely with the Supply Chain & Materials team.
Additionally, you will actively promote a “centre of expertise” approach whereby the Responsible Supply Programme actively monitors trends and developments in international best practice through academic and industry research.
- 10+ years in a supply, procurement, commercial management or consulting position. Experience must include managing programmes of work for emerging disciplines and business needs.
- 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Deep understanding of the issues in and importance of ethical, social and sustainable outcomes within the domestic and international supply chains.
- Comprehensive commercial background in leading high risk/high value commercial projects of complex nature.
- Proven ability to partner collaboratively with and lead a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (including agencies, unions and industry) to secure positive outcomes.
- Able to provide a leadership style which is inclusive, communicative and visible, raising team engagement team and helping the team to realise their full potential.
Why New Zealand?
New Zealand is a well-developed, well-connected country with a wide range of opportunities to advance your career.
Internations' Expat Insider 2021 survey of expats in 186 countries ranked NZ the 2nd overall best place in the world for expats to work and 4th for work-life balance.