Role Title: Procurement Business Partner
Reports To: Procurement Manager
To be a Procurement Business Partner working alongside the business as an ambassador for the role of Procurement in FSCS by:
- Leading, advising & coordinating Procurement Processes within a regulated environment. Influencing and embedding Strategic Sourcing Planning and Supplier / Contract management to improve decision making and value generation.
Using Management Information insights to help influence better Procurement outcomes.
My Priorities – what I will deliver
- Champions procurement as a function and its policies & procedures
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation and be recognised as a trusted business advisor.
- Fully conversant with organisational procurement policies & standards, procedures, processes and governance mechanisms and is able to advise and support colleagues in their application
- Adhere and hold others accountable to adhere to those Procurement policies, standards and procedures. Recognise & escalate non-compliance and other issues to the Procurement Manager where appropriate
- Identify and assemble cross disciplined teams and apply a structured transparent / strong visual project management approach to the delivery of procurement projects
- Understand and influence Stakeholders to deliver, maintain and improve strategic sourcing plans, using relevant management information and market intelligence
- Implement collaborative sourcing solutions and drive through benefits realisation plans
- Using category specific knowledge provide commercial and procurement advice and sound judgement to identify issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- Carry out forward planning of Procurement activity including maintaining the tender Project Trackers for new and cyclical Procurement activity
- Create and maintain critical models to ensure the delivery of robust commercial outcomes
- Lead and execute the delivery of tender projects in an efficient, effective and timely manner. Identifying when project approvals are required and plan for them. Identify and resolve project issues
- Develop and publish full and approved tender documentation
- Develop a clear procurement approach that reflects the needs of the business, the market and is aligned to procurement policy objectives, public procurement regulatory requirements and plans for the necessary approvals.
- Able to appropriately challenge risk adverse behaviours where appropriate.
- Ensure that all pre-procurement engagement has been completed
- Fully consider key financial and commercial issues in the development of the contracting model and implement these as appropriate in contract terms and conditions
- Ensure dialogue/negotiation strategies with clear parameters are established in line with project objectives
- Brief and train evaluators to ensure that evaluators have a clear understanding of the evaluation criteria. Moderate evaluation scores efficiently and fairly.
Contract Management Co-ordination
- Maintain eSourcing application to ensure it accurately records all
- Contracts ensuring all contracts are effectively managed
- Ensure that amendments to contracts are negotiated, agreed and documented effectively and adhere to the Procurement Policy
- Challenge and resolve contractual non –compliance issues Support Stakeholders to improve contract management, performance management and relationship management of suppliers
- Development and analysis of Supplier Assurance utilising Supplier Health Checks to manage and mitigate risk
Procurement Related Management Information
- Ensure that accurate, complete and correct management information data are supplied and validated
- Adhere and hold others accountable to procurement policies, standards and procedures Recognise and escalate non-compliance issues
- Work with stakeholders to deliver, maintain and improve procurement plans
- Utilise current tools to monitor supplier risk and escalate to appropriate contract managers
- Category specific tender projects
- Discussion and feedback on monthly procurement related KPI reports
- Improved & agreed Strategic Sourcing Plans
My Knowledge – what I need to know
- MCIPS qualified or relevant equivalent supply-chain experience/ qualification
- Sound knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations and Public Contract Frameworks
- High level of knowledge of Contract Formation Ability to lead the end-to-end procurement process
- Broad category expertise (focus on services rather than goods) across both the Public and/ or Private Sector.
- It’s desirable if you have experience of IT procurement Good experience of successfully conducting a range of dialogues / negotiations across a variety of categories.
- Sound understanding of Strategic Sourcing in theory and practice.
- In depth experience of working across departmental &/or organisational boundaries in leading strategic sourcing teams / projects.
- Can use e-procurement tools to support the sourcing process Knowledge and application of project management principles
My Ways of Working
The way in which we work at the Scheme, is of equal importance to the tasks and our responsibilities. The expected behaviours are captured in My Ways of Working. The levels of Complexity required for this role are below.
Ways of Working
Take Ownership - Level 3
Takes difficult decisions and makes things happen
Lead and Support - Level 2
Encourage and enable others to perform
Work Together - Level 3
Promote collaboration across teams and business areas and build effective networks
Communicate & Influence - Level 3
Communicate with influence inside and outside the organisation
Think Analytically - Level 2
Effectively analyse several types of information and make sound judgements
Think Big - Level 3
Convert strategy to action by aligning goals and priorities to wider scheme objectives
Plan and Organise - Level 2
Prioritise effectively in line with customer and organisational requirements
Deliver for Our Customers - Level 3
Strive to improve performance
Embrace Change - Level 3
Champion change and support successful implementation of change
Develop Yourself - Level 2
Strive to improve and show enthusiasm for new opportunities
UK/EU nationals with settled status or a valid work permit only please
At FSCS we're on a mission to achieve an equitable experience for all: we recognise the importance of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can succeed in achieving both their personal and professional goals.
We have been recognised in a number of national and external awards for our D&I work, including 4th most inclusive employer in the Inclusive Companies Top 50, Personnel Today 2021 for our Family Friendly policies, PIMFA D&I awards 2021 for Inclusive Talent Management, Women in Finance Employer of the Year 2021 and FT Adviser Diversity in Finance’s Trailblazing Company of the Year 2021