Candidates who apply must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Our client is a global market leading manufacturing and distribution company and is currently seeking an exceptionally talented Senior Buyer – indirect categories to join their team leading the agenda for HR, IT, Finance, Insurance and Energy portfolio of buying categories.
Working with Stakeholders you will provide a comprehensive procurement service across a range of goods and services which meets the needs of and delivers best value to the organisation.
The Senior Buyer along with their team will work across defined high value spend categories (£100m annually)/supplier base and execute the procurement strategy on behalf of the procurement function and wider organisation. This role has deep procurement knowledge and will require strong supplier partnering and management skills to leverage negotiations and manage enhanced supplier relationships.
Senior buyers look after the more strategic, broader, and complex procurement requirements, managing portfolio of approx. £100m spend across the business.
Provide input to the procurement strategy, leading strategic projects, driving down costs, leveraging value deliver (e.g., cost and risk management strategies, service levels, quality, continuous improvements), supporting the business, mitigating business risks.
Provide direction to Stakeholders, building excellent working relationships and partnerships, championing use of best practice. Active development of Stakeholder relationships across the business acting as a business partner. Developing relationships between internal stakeholders and suppliers, with good understanding of shared organisational objectives
Working collaboratively with the other Senior Buyers sharing great ideas and processes.
Partner with internal stakeholders to identify sourcing opportunities, business requirements, buyer/market profiles, identify market trends, analyse total cost of ownership, and define acceptable service levels.
Lead competitive bidding processes with suppliers to ensure a fair and responsible procurement of services or goods according to companies’ best practices (e.g., tender, e-auction).
Negotiate contracts and coordinate supplier integration plans with internal stakeholders on the largest and most significant procurement activities.
Partner with Procurement Excellence to monitor targets, market dynamics that impact materials/services availability and/or pricing, and organisation behaviour.
Establish a clear supplier relationship management process and, with the support of Procurement Excellence, monitor supplier performance metrics to ensure compliance with agreed contractual terms and conditions. Support stakeholders on contract management and supplier performance review.
Report on and partner in resolving any performance issues on the supplier side.
Responsible for managing the spend of defined categories/supplier base and drive compliance to the Procurement policy. Communicate assertively with stakeholders through presentations with clear, coherence and analytical storytelling. Articulate well risks and opportunities.
Manage risk throughout spend categories/supplier base.
Oversee transactional activities related to the specific supplier base; supplier onboarding, data management, category spend/reporting and other project activities.
Management and development of the Junior Buyers.
- Educated to at least bachelor’s degree level and/or CIPS qualified with proven strategic procurement experience.
- Experience in Indirect categories is essential (i.e., HR, IT, Insurance, Finance, Consultancy etc.).
- Previous experience in managing a spend of £60m+
- Skilled in delivery saving results through strategic sourcing with tangible and demonstrable successes achieved.
- Experience managing complex variety of procurement projects with value delivered beyond savings. Skilled Stakeholder, supplier, and risk management.
- Knowledgeable on implementing and tracking of KPIs.
- Analytical with good problem-solving ability.
- Strong commercial knowledge and experience in procurement processes, tenders, and contracts. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills to multiple levels of the organisation with ability to influence stakeholders with clear, coherence and analytical storytelling, must be personable.
- Great career development opportunities for international development within global group.
Our client has the courage to see the best in people. They recognise the true potential in all people, welcoming everyone as a valued member of their family. They actively contribute to a safe working environment built on respect for each other.
- Pension @ 4.5% matched
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Family Friendly Policies
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays) – Increase in length of service.
- Bonus Scheme