Commercial Contracts Manager
Location: Birmingham, Bath Row, B15 1LZ
Salary: £57,642 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our highly professional and ambitious Commercial team is seeking a Commercial Contracts Manager. The team play a vital role by working with internal stakeholders, suppliers and markets to ensure a range of goods, services and works are provided to the highest quality and deliver brilliant value for money to our organisation and tenants.
As our Commercial Contracts Manager, reporting to the Head of Commercial, you’ll provide critical support to our leadership team across a range of post-award activities, including but not limited to:
- Leadership and line-management of our Commercial Contracts Officer, ensuring their ongoing performance and professional development.
- Designing and improving organisation-wide Contract Management Policies, Procedures and Frameworks.
- Championing and embedding contract management best-practice amongst our contract managers through the design and delivery of robust and engaging contract training.
- Proactively working with contract managers to analyse and monitor contract manager performance and implement interventions such as contract performance improvement plans when required.
- Ensuring new suppliers are onboarded (including ensuring that our contract signing procedure is followed) and that our contract register is managed and maintained in-line with best practice, policy and procedures.
This is a great opportunity offering exposure to a commercially successful business within our high performing Finance & Growth function – but don’t just take our word for it, hear from our previous Commercial Contracts Manager:
“Working in the commercial team at Midland Heart enabled me to further my career within an environment where I was both supported and empowered to deliver to the best of my ability. I was drawn to Midland Heart because of the vision and values of the company, both of which have enabled me to settle in seamlessly – it is refreshing to work for such a people focused organisation. Working in the commercial team, I can see the direct impact that our work with the supply chain has, not only for Midland Heart but more importantly, for our customers. Ensuring that we deliver first class services is a critical part of our role and I enjoyed contributing to improvements for our customers, every day.”
Our ideal candidate?
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Achieved MCIPS qualified status or be willing to work towards achieving (support for which will be provided).
- Strong knowledge of commercial/contract law and terms and conditions.
- Experience managing supplier relationships and contracts.
- Experience of applying Governance and Public sector procurement legislation.
- Experience of supervising or managing team members.
- The willingness to work 3 days per week onsite at our Birmingham head office.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Closing date: 10 September 2023
Please be aware that suitable candidates will be invited to take part in an assessment shortly after applying and we reserve the right to appoint prior to the stated closing date should a suitable candidate be identified.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any adjustments you might need in order to be successful in this role.
No agencies please.