**NEW IT CATEGORY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST ROLE AT A LEADING GLOBAL INSURER**
IT Category Procurement Specialist - Global Insurance Company - £50,000-£65,000 + CIPS sponsorship - Reading area.
My client is a leading global Insurance Company based in one of London's iconic buildings. This Fortune 500 corporation features a number of specialized insurance divisions and a market-leading claims service.
As an IT Category Procurement Specialist, you would be directly involved in embedding the centralized procurement function and providing the initial internal guidance for supplier contracts. With the support of the company's empowering culture, you will oversee the strategic intent and business procurement operations!
Role of an IT Category Procurement Specialist:
- Managing the IT category within procurement for example, IT hardware and software, data services PaaS, SaaS and IT consultancy
- Identifying and implementing strategic procurement intent into business operations and developing the IT category strategy within the organization.
- Strengthening supplier and stakeholder relationships, monitoring SLA's and contract performance.
- Evaluating cost and saving opportunities in addition to the end-to-end procurement sourcing process as per business needs.
- Working alongside the compliance team to deliver regulatory requests from FCA, PRA and Lloyd's.
- Advising on legal commercial procurement matters, managing risks and procurement contract structure.
To be a successful IT Category Procurement Specialist:
- Hold a CIPS level 4 qualification or building towards this qualification (desirable, but not mandatory).
- Knowledge surrounding software licensing models and procurement approaches.
- Have a background in IT category strategic procurement (my client are also welcoming of procurement generalists).
- Experience with managing complex procurement negotiations and regulating material and cloud outsourcing for the business.
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships with procurement suppliers and stakeholders.
- Experience of dealing with all forms of IT services in addition to outsourcing contracts.
This is a spectacular opportunity to make a real impact in a leading global insurance company as an IT Category Procurement Specialist.
If you are excited by this opportunity and would like to be considered, please send your profile to email@example.com
Key skills: Procurement, IT category Procurement Specialist, CIPS, IT software and hardware, software licensing, strategic procurement, contract management, SLA's, end-to-end procurement, compliance, legal commercial, risk management, negotiation