** NEW INTERIM ROLE - STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT MANAGER AT MAJOR UTILITIES COMPANY **
Strategic Procurement Manager - Major Utilities Company - £450/day - Interim based in Reading.
This is a great opportunity for you to establish yourself as a Strategic Procurement Manager for one of the biggest utility businesses in the UK. By applying a strategic and cutting-edge category management approach inside the company, you will play a significant role within the Capital Procurement team in this position.
My client works hard to promote an innovative and supportive culture throughout the business, and is looking for a new procurement manager who is ambitious, creative and has expertise managing large-scale procurement projects.
Role of a Strategic Procurement Manager:
- Developing and managing end-to-end supply chains, commercial risk, and value opportunities.
- Presenting specific contract and supply market knowledge to provide procurement category support and manage category risks.
- Managing a supplier portfolio to continue improving on the contract lifecycle.
- Leading competitive tenders and supply chain service proposals for both strategic and tactical sourcing.
- Negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual issues.
To be a successful Strategic Procurement Manager you will:
- Have experience managing contracts within a multi stakeholder environment through delivering contract and category management services.
- Understand the requirements of leading a multi-disciplinary project team for engineering and technical professional services,
- Hold a track record in delivering against targets.
- Can develop and maintain supplier relationships as well as relationships across all areas of the team.
This is a fantastic chance to advance your career as a Strategic Procurement Manager at a large UK utility company.
If you are excited by this opportunity and would like to be considered, please send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: procurement, strategic procurement manager, utilities, procurement contract management, end-to-end supply chain, category management, procurement contract management.