We’re looking to recruit a Head of Procurement and Contracts, but not just any procurement professional! We’re looking for someone whose strong moral compass drives them primarily to want to make a difference to society; someone whose ambition is not just for themselves but for the collective and someone who wants to work in - and add to - a culture of shared voice, shared belief and shared success.
Searching for variety and the chance to work with a wide range of people?
You will be instrumental in orchestrating our continued success, working with key stakeholders to implement procurement strategies, maintain key business contracts and develop supplier relationships. You will play an important role in supporting individuals across procurement, empowering them to achieve more together.
This role will lead, drive and continue the great progress already made within this area of the trust, the key responsibilities include:
- Shape and implement the procurement category management strategy
- Work with stakeholders across the trust to deliver value and meet operational needs,
- Provide guidance, support and training to individuals across the trust who are involved with buying
- Develop, maintain and monitor the contract management database, drive continuous improvement of procurement practices and maintain a strong governance environment
- Lead and develop the central procurement team
We are looking for someone who:
- MCIPS qualified
- Solid knowledge of procurement and contract management within large organisation
- Can lead and develop the procurement and contracts function across the trust
- Extensive experience in a similar role with line management
- Excellent communication skills and confidence with stakeholders
- Proven effectiveness working with contracts and procurement including leading tenders
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
Investing in our employees wellbeing and career development is a priority for us, we can offer you:
- Excellent ongoing CPD and training programs with a wealth of high quality development opportunities for all stages of career
- Coaching and mentoring from the academy’s experienced leadership team
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change
- Access to trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver great lessons
- Cycle to work scheme
- TKAT Widerwallet discount program with a wealth of discounts
- Free eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme - free & confidential advice on a variety of subjects ranging from physical and mental health to financial help
We are TKAT (The Kemnal Academies Trust) - one of the UK’s leading and largest Multi-Academy trusts. Led by a team of educationalists, the trust is a family of 45 primary and secondary academies offering a welcoming and empowering learning environment for students and their staff. Driven by a desire to ensure every child, no matter their background, gets a high-quality education, the Trust’s leadership team focuses on “doing what’s right over doing what’s easy.” This is a place of purpose, vision and ambition for both our 22,500 learners and our 3,500 employees.
If you’ve read this far, it may well be that your own aspirations and goals align with ours; if so, we’d love to hear from you.
We have a flexible approach to interviews and can offer a range of dates and times to suit your personal circumstances.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full safer recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic. We have a whole school approach to flexible working to promote a positive work life balance.
TKAT recognises the value of enabling our employees to develop their career and balance this with their commitments and interests outside of work. In TKAT we promote flexible working practices and opportunities to support and value wellbeing.
Access to interview
Should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist, we will.