- Newly created role for you to put your stamp on
- Amazing Private School with circa 380 students
About Our Client
UWC Atlantic is the founding College of the United World Colleges (UWC) global education movement. Its home is the beautiful 12th Century St Donat's Castle in South Wales, where students from over 90 countries come for two years to live and work together in a dynamic learning landscape.
UWC is a deliberately diverse, mission-driven international college with a strong commitment to the educational principles of Kurt Hahn, its founder, and a passionate belief in the importance of education as a force for good in the world - to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
Since 1962, UWC has entrusted students with authentic responsibility and guided them to make appropriate choices and to learn from their mistakes. It is through this trust, responsibility and accountability that students learn that they can make a difference ('You are needed') and that through effort and engagement they can achieve far more than they ever imagined ('There is more in you than you think').
UWC empowers bridge-builders, systems changers and compassionate global citizens through the delivery of a pioneering and distinctive IB (International Baccalaureate) educational model.
UWC's student body is hugely diverse (from around 90 countries every year) based on its ability to reach out across the globe to attract and encourage new students from vastly differing political, religious, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. These inspirational young people, the next generation of leaders, are drawn from among the most marginalised groups of today's world and the most privileged. Students are selected on their promise and potential to create impact in the fields of sustainability, social justice and peace. The College offers one of the most comprehensive scholarship programmes available at pre-University level, with 50% of students receiving financial support.
Are you a Procurement specialist looking for a fantastic challenge in a newly created role?
UWC Atlantic is looking for a Strategic Procurement Manager to take ownership of procurement across the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to take full ownership in developing and embedding a procurement function from the beginning, enhancing our procurement and supply chain in line with a focus on sustainability.
The role holder will report to the Director of Finance and will be at the centre of contract negotiations, leading and advising on procurement for large capital projects (a £20m capital refurbishment project is in the pipeline) together with costing and cyclical re-tendering for core services provided to the college, such as wealth managers, insurance and audit.
This role requires both strategic and operational skills as a large part of the role is the requirement to be hands on - receiving purchase requisitions and purchasing on behalf of all departments in the college from the large contracts down to stationery. The successful candidate will enjoy balancing the two different elements of the role and will support others to up-skill their knowledge and experience in procurement. The role would also be considered on a 0.8 FTE basis
The role will include, but not be limited to;
- To implement and oversee the college's sourcing capabilities and supply chain.
- Responsible for evaluating suppliers, products and services, negotiating contracts and acquiring the most cost-efficient deals without compromising on quality within a reasonable time.
- Accountable for monitoring the procurement process, direction, coordination and evaluation
- Lead on procurement and identify areas for continuous improvement, manage risk and mitigation
- Support the achievement of strategic goals by advancing the procurement process in line with the 10 year vision
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and the Director of Operations and Sustainability to ensure all key goals are included in the procurement process
- Liaising with colleagues to determine their product and service needs as well as providing advice and guidance to ensure best practice and that suppliers are strategically aligned
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers whilst managing the supplier contracts
- Introduce and implement a formalised tender process for large scale projects and purchases
- Taking accountability for progress reporting and regular supply chain analysis
- Develop long range sourcing plans for key areas of the college using appropriate thinking, behaviour and practices
- Review supplier performance
- Act as purchaser for all departments across the college; receiving purchase requisitions, placing orders and managing suppliers
- Understand the supplier base and product specifications
- Explore new supplier opportunities by researching the market and compare pricing
- Establish souring, purchasing and inventory control processes
- Achieve cost savings by following the marketing to identify price trends and future availability of materials and goods
- Develop and lead a purchasing strategy to deliver maximum value and standardisation
The Successful Applicant
Are you up for the challenge of becoming UWC Atlantic's 1st Strategic Procurement Manager?
We are looking for candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes;
- Demonstrable experience in developing a Value For Money Procurement Strategy for a business/organisation
- Relevant experience, training and/or qualifications in the field of Procurement
- A "Can do" attitude where egos are left at the door and you are happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Experience of working in a results driven environment
- Experience of data analysis
- Critical problem solving ability
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
What's on Offer
A competitive negotiable salary
Option to join a contributory Pension Scheme
Annual leave entitlement
25 days a year, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
UWC Atlantic Winter break (normally 2 weeks) - non contractual
8 Public Holidays
Meals - non contractual
Employees are entitled to one free meal per day to be taken on campus
Use of Campus Facilities - non contractual
The health and wellbeing of our employees is important and free use of the College gym and swimming pools is available for all employees. If you wish to attend any additional classes that are running, a small charge would be made for these activities
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYCJN0920236189468Z