Category Manager for Large Healthcare Organization - £33,000-£37,000 + CIPS Sponsorship - Locations include Glasgow and Edinburgh - Remote working available.
This established UK Healthcare and Professional Services Organization partners with a leading digital services and software development company to deliver financial, digital and procurement services to public sector bodies.
As a member of a growing healthcare procurement team, you will work on several upcoming projects to develop into an expert in your category and strengthen important supplier connections in this highly strategic role.
The role of a Procurement Category Manager:
- Implement strategic sourcing, strong stakeholder management and strengthen relationships with key suppliers.
- Review, negotiate and draft contracts for cost reduction strategies to deliver savings targets.
- Provide a procurement support function for clients by handling tender activities and implementing policies.
- Play a vital role in supporting a high value project portfolio and forming important supplier relationships to explore new business opportunities.
Required experience of a Procurement Category Manager:
- A public sector procurement background, with experience working under OJEU or PCR.
- Experienced in procurement processes such as tendering, contract negotiation and supplier management, with knowledge surrounding health contracts.
- Qualified to CIPS level 3 or working towards this qualification.
- An understanding of market and product knowledge in some commodities, in addition to UK/EU regulations and company policies.
This role comes with the opportunity for CIPS sponsorship, a flexible benefit fund and a generous 35-day annual leave entitlement!
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a growing professional services firm and would like to be considered, please send your profile to email@example.com
Key skills: procurement, supply chain, procurement category management, healthcare, CIPS, strategic sourcing, procurement contract management, public sector, private sector, procurement contract management.