- Exciting opportunity to join the University of Warwick
- Four Procurement Manager roles available across several categories
About Our Client
The University of Warwick is a world class Higher Education Institution and is looking for experienced and enthusiastic Procurement Managers to join its team of Procurement professionals.
With an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation and for links with business and industry and ranked comfortably within the top 10 of all UK university league tables, the University of Warwick offers a diverse, exciting and rewarding procurement environment, opportunities for personal development and to make a real contribution to the organisation.
The University of Warwick has several Procurement Manager roles available. These are key roles for the development and delivery of effective category and supplier management. The roles available are across the following areas:
- Food and Beverage - Reporting into Head of Procurement: Categories
- Retail, Merchandising and Office Kit and Consumables (cross campus) - Reporting into Head of Procurement: Categories
- Professional Services (Consultancy and Recruitment) - Reporting into Senior Procurement Manager: Professional Services
- IT - Reporting into Senior Procurement Manager IT: (High End IT and Corporate Systems)
The Successful Applicant
- Will relish operating within a complex organisational environment, will be dynamic and will build effective relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Has experience managing a defined portfolio of spend, developing and undertaking category strategies to deliver best value and continuous improvement solutions.
- Will understand market dynamics and cost drivers and have experience of undertaking a range of sourcing activities including RFQs, formal tenders and sourcing competitions.
- Will be a keen negotiator with strong contract management experience to ensure full benefits realisation and robust supplier management.
- Possesses excellent communication, planning and organisational skills and the ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Has a proven track record of contributing to the delivery of an efficient, responsive and value generating Procurement service.
- Will be able to work effectively within a framework of robust procurement, regulatory and audit procedures.
See the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
What's on Offer
- Salary range £33,966 to £44,263 plus a £5,000 non-pensionable market supplement p.a.
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities to support career progression.
- Wider Finance Office briefings, sector networks and training where appropriate.
- Generous annual leave allowance including Christmas closure and 30 days of paid annual leave.
- An attractive pension scheme (USS) Pensions (warwick.ac.uk)
- Access to exceptional facilities including a world class Sports and Wellbeing Hub, Ofsted rated Outstanding (2016) Nursery and the region's leading cultural venue Warwick Arts Centre (fees apply).
- Hybrid working: a minimum 60% in-office working with optional 40% remote working and subject to wider Finance Office working practices. (In-office days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday minimum). - Take a look at the rewards that are on offer
The role is advertised full time (36.5 hours per week) however we would consider applications from individuals interested in working part time hours (a minimum of 30 hours), subject to operational needs. If you are seeking to work part time, please state your minimum and maximum hours (which may be the same) when you apply.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYCJN0920236190814Z