** PROCUREMENT CATEGORY MANAGER - PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY - £35,000-£40,000 - MANCHESTER BASED **
Procurement Category Manager for Large UK Professional Services Company - £35,000 - £40,000 + CIPS sponsorship - Manchester based.
My client is a large UK Healthcare and Professional Services Organization partnering with a leading digital services and software development company to deliver financial, digital and procurement services to public sector bodies.
All areas of the procurement services are structured around category management, where you will work as a member of a growing healthcare and procurement team. In this highly strategic role, you will be supporting several upcoming procurement projects and strengthening key supplier relationships.
The role of a Procurement Category Manager:
- Implement strategic sourcing and support a high value project portfolio.
- management of vital stakeholders and strengthening supplier relationships to allow new business opportunities.
- Review and negotiate contracts for cost reduction strategies to deliver savings targets.
- Provide a procurement support function for clients through managing tender activities and implementing policies.
Required experience of a Procurement Category Manager:
- A background in public sector procurement, with experience working under OJEU or PCR.
- Knowledge of procurement processes such as tendering, supplier management and contract negotiations, with experience working with health contracts.
- Qualified to CIPS level 3 or working towards this qualification.
- An understanding of UK/EU regulations, company policies and market and product knowledge in some commodities.
This role comes with the opportunity for CIPS sponsorship, a flexible benefit fund and a generous 35-day annual leave entitlement!
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a growing professional services firm and would like to be considered, please send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: procurement, supply chain, procurement category management, healthcare, CIPS, strategic sourcing, procurement contract management, public sector, private sector, procurement contract management.