Hospital Services Manager
Job Reference: 002648
Salary: £43,742 to £50,056 per annum
Location: Lancaster Centre
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Contract Duration: Not specified
Your essential role in the storing and distribution of blood and blood products will directly contribute to the saving and improving of patients’ lives. We will provide you with an extensive induction and training programme and ongoing development to support you in your role and achieving your career ambitions. As part of the selection process, you will be invited to attend the Blood Centre, so that you can gain an understanding of the requirements of this essential role. This role will give you the opportunity to gain experience in managing a small department and become a key member of the Hospital Services management team in a regional capacity.
Main duties of the job
- Managing the staff and workload of the Stock Holding Unit (SHU) to deliver efficient and effective 24/7 Hospital Services to a defined number of hospital users.
- Maintaining the chain of custody of blood, blood components tissue products and other goods as they are safely and efficiently imported and exported from the department.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements at all times & that local practice and service development is in line with regional direction & national strategy.
- Training and developing the staff of the SHU to deliver an excellent customer service that meets quality standards and is focused on continuous improvement.
- Maintaining an agreed stock level of all blood and components at the SHU.
- Ensuring equipment is fit for purpose and maintained for optimum performance.
- Ensuring the department is able to respond correctly to any emergency situation, product recall or other unplanned event.
- Representing the SHU at various meetings on a range of topics including customer relations and provide technical advice to internal and external service users and acting as Duty Hospital Services Manager as required.
- You will be required to provide cover in times of operational difficulty.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of logistics and supply chain management at a supervisory level.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience of quality improvement initiatives.
- Experience of working with Information Technology using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Qualifications and Training
- Significant study of management techniques.
- Willingness to undertake a Masters level qualification in Management or Transfusion Science.
- This must commence within a year of taking up this position. Demonstrates commitment to own continued professional development (CPD).
Please view the recruitment profile which is a summary of the detailed Job Description and Person Specification for the full personal attributes we require for the role. You will need to demonstrate these throughout the recruitment process.
At NHS Blood and Transplant, we’re incredibly proud of the many talented people who come together every day to make our organisation the very best it can be. We have clearly defined values that are centred around offering exceptional care to our donors and their families. We take care of each other too and we focus on building our expertise so we can change lives, provide quality support and offer fulfilling careers.
It’s an opportunity to contribute to a unique team as part of a service that saves lives 365 days a year. We offer brilliant benefits including 27 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), a comprehensive induction and training programme, and competitive pension scheme.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and aim to reflect the diverse communities we work with and positively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Three small words, one big difference - Caring, Expert and Quality.
Together we'll save and improve more lives than ever.
This vacancy will close at 23:59 on Wednesday 18 October 2023.
Interviews are anticipated to be held on 3rd November – subject to confirmation.
For informal enquiries please contact – Clare Bray, Hospital Services Manager, Clare.Bray@nhsbt.nhs.uk
Apply link: https://jobs.nhsbt.nhs.uk/Job/JobDetail?JobId=2626