This is an exciting opportunity to join the Kongsberg Maritime business in Dunfermline, to be part of a business that delivers mission critical products to Naval and Commercial Customers.
In this role as Procurement Manager – Stabilisers and Naval Steering Gear, you will be managing all procurement responsibilities for the Stabilisers and Naval Steering Gear products, including sourcing, purchasing operations and supplier management to meet our Customers’ requirements. The Stabilisers and Naval Steering Gear business based in Dunfermline, is part of the Propulsion & Handling Division that is a growing business with a broad range of products, ranging from new technologies to aftermarket services, operating globally.
To further strengthen the existing team, we are looking for a Procurement Manager that has the KONGSBERG attributes of being Reliable, Collaborative, Determined and Innovative.
- Procurement of all products and components for the Stabilisers and Naval Steering Gear Products including NPI, Production and Aftermarket
- Procurement responsibility includes supplier selection, sourcing, contracting, purchasing operations management from demand, through to delivery of parts
- Effective Supplier management including HS&E, delivery, quality, cost and responsiveness and the management and rectification of quality and delivery issues from suppliers.
- Ensure licence to operate, including following of the Procurement process and associated processes, ensure good data integrity and compliance to Company requirements
- Manage the Procurement team, developing the skills and capabilities for a successful supply chain
- Enable robust risk management within supply chain, reporting and mitigating risks as identified
- Work closely with Operations, Projects, Planning, Logistics, Quality and Finance to achieve common business targets and Customer requirements
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified and ideally MCIPS qualified or equivalent.
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in Procurement
- People management experience
- Experience of Direct Procurement in an Industrial setting that can include, sourcing, operations, commercial, purchasing operations, project procurement
- Global outlook and open to different challenges, cultures and ways of working
- Good planning / project management / problem solving / analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
You are able to
- focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourage the team.
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer hybrid working arrangements
Dalgety Bay, Dunfermline KY11
Point of contact
Arkadiusz Pokorski, Supply Chain Manager, Motion Control
Robyn O'Donoghue, Senior HR Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries.
Our Propulsion and Handling division delivers world class products for propulsion, handling systems, motion control and waterjet for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore and naval. Our products enhance operational efficiency and deliver safe, secure, reliable and sustainable products to our valued customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet