These are exciting times for the charity, and we have an excellent opportunity for a proactive and highly professional individual with outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills to join the busy Procurement Team as Procurement Lead, in this hybrid, flexible working role.
Position: Procurement Lead
Location: Devon/Hybrid (onsite attendance currently estimated to be 1 days per week)
Salary: £48,078 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday (flexible working available)
Closing Date: Tuesday 2 January 2024. We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the advertised date and therefore encourage early applications.
Interview Date: Interviews will be held at The Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth, on Wednesday 24 January 2024.
The Procurement Team acts as a centralised support function for all procurement and contracting activity across the organisation. As Procurement Lead, you will support the evolution of the procurement function towards best-in-class procurement practices, building strong working relationships with key stakeholders to identify business needs and influence third party spend, balancing responsible procurement with value for money and developing our people.
Specifically, this role will be focused on the Works and Equipment category and involves supporting Equine Operations, Estates, Health and Safety and Fleet functions on the management of their procurement and contracting activity at all stages of the procurement cycle.
Your principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals within your category area of responsibility.
- Analysing spend and industry trends.
- Leading category strategies.
- Acting as category lead whilst working in close cooperation with Procurement Specialists and business partners in the execution and deployment of procurement sourcing strategies;
- Assisting in the development of and reviewing business cases.
- Implementing supplier agreements and contracts and reaching agreement on suitable contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiating with key suppliers. Ensuring the effective line management of the role(s) for which you have direct responsibility.
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in delivering the procurement strategy and implementing policy and procedure, continuous improvement initiatives and improvements in our approaches to learning and development and data.
You will possess experience in a similar, preferably property or construction-related, role or environment.
Other key knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Fully CIPS qualified or possessing equivalent proven experience of tender management, ideally on capital schemes, construction works and refurbishment and maintenance projects and with an in-depth knowledge of relevant contracts.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- A proven track record of proactively building and maintaining effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Proven experience of category management, procurement policy and project management.
If you feel you have the qualifications, skills and experience to fulfil this multifunctional and rewarding role, and would like to be part of the evolutional program of change taking place within the charity, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive pension.
- Life assurance (death in service) 4 x annual salary.
- Private health cover.
- 31 Days holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 34 will each full year of service.
- Flexible working.
- Wellbeing team.
- Long service awards.
- Healthshield plan.
- Free Parking.
- Subsidised restaurant and shop.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide, working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
The organisation is a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Commodity / Purchasing Manager, Sourcing and Category Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Manager, Materials Buyer, Buyer, Strategic Sourcing Manager, Procurement Officer, Procurement Lead, Senior Procurement Officer, Lead Procurement Officer, Senior Buyer, Lead Buyer, Category Manager, Category Lead.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.