Commercial Category Manager
Salary: £39,390 (National Framework) or £44,792 per annum (London Framework) – if you are London office-based or home-based and live within the boundary of the M25) – There is also an additional homeworking allowance of £553 per annum for those working from home.
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week, however, we may consider compressed hours
Location: We can offer office-based working, home-working or talk to us about flexible working
Closing date: Tuesday 5th December 2023 at 11.59pm
We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
We are now looking for a Commercial Category Manager to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars
- Discounted gym vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two!
- Equipment for homeworking
Why this could be a great role for you
This is an exceptional opportunity for a procurement professional with experience of leading the full end-to-end procurement cycle to join our essential organisation.
You’ll have the chance to lead impactful projects and drive positive change across the organisation, helping us to contribute to the improvement of health and social care services in England.
In return, we’ll make sure every aspect of your personal and professional wellbeing is taken care of with our brilliant benefits, from a terrific pension to an internal reward scheme to celebrate your successes!
What you will bring…
To be considered as a Commercial Category Manager, you will need:
- Experience of leading the full end-to-end procurement cycle for a range of categories and relevant contracting processes
- Experience of using e-procurement systems
- Experience of running full EU-compliant procurement tendering exercises
- Experience of managing supplier performance and relationship programmes
- Knowledge of the UK health sector
- Good relationship-building and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain discretion and use initiative
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in IT, including Microsoft Office
- To be MCIPS qualified, or working towards this qualification
What you’ll be doing
As a Commercial Category Manager, you will drive effective procurement, contract management and supply chain management activities across CQC.
Leading on a defined range of high-profile procurement and contract management activities, you will ensure compliance with policies and regulations and the delivery of high-quality outcomes and value for money.
You’ll manage complex procurement projects, using your expertise of commercial processes to develop and deliver procurement strategies and promote innovative procurement practice.
Additionally, you will:
- Advise stakeholders in relation to governance processes
- Analyse financial information and spend analysis information
- Undertake proactive pipeline and contract register activities
- Support the review of Commercial & Contract policies and processes
- Support contract owners and the Commercial and Contracts team
If you require any support or assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with our team or include a note in your application.
We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Commercial Category Manager, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Contract Delivery Manager, Contract Manager, Commercial Contract Manager, Category Supply Manager, Category Buyer, or Commercial Lead.