- A fantastic opportunity to join the Metropolitan Police
- Excellent public sector benefits
About Our Client
The Metropolitan Police Service (The Met) is the territorial police force responsible for law enforcement and the prevention of crime within the ceremonial county of Greater London.
Today, the Met is made up of more than 47,000 officers and staff, including thousands of volunteers. With a budget of £4 billion it is the UK's largest police force. The territory served covers 620 square miles and is home to over 9 million people. The MPS has over 200 sites across 32 London boroughs.
The vision of the Met is to make London safe for everyone. They are radically changing to deliver high-quality policing services in a more efficient and cost-effective way, in line with the Mayor of London's Police and Crime Plan and the New Met for London Strategy.
This is an exciting time to be working as a Supplier Assurance Lead for the Metropolitan Police Service. In addition to large-scale transformation, there's the unique and ever-evolving challenge of policing London. This means that as a Supplier Assurance Manager there are more opportunities for you to get involved with making London the safest global city in a time of unprecedented change within the UK's largest Police Service.
This role is responsible for the assurance of multiple 3rd party supplier contracts to ensure optimum service delivery to approx. 40,000 officers (including delivery of uniform, equipment and services). This role is responsible for designing the framework and governance for assuring multiple complex 3rd party supplier contracts and meeting legislative targets and agreed SLAs. This role provides leadership to a team of up to 4 Supplier Assurance Managers and up to 20 indirect employees.
Specifically, MO11 (Operational Support Services) is in a period of very exciting and significant change - as such, The Met and by extension MO11 offer a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to front-line officers and will be crucial to a successful and data-driven transformation.
The role holder will liaise closely with Operations stakeholders to collaboratively manage risk, improve and innovate, and work across the whole of MO11 to ensure consistency and realise economies of scale. The role has a strategic lens - planning for future industry change and how we can be more agile to adapt to planned and unplanned change. The role holder will need to develop excellent collaborative partnerships with suppliers to enable optimum outcomes.
Finally we want people who are able to lead teams through change and embrace the culture shift towards data driven decision making and customer centricity - not afraid of challenge and pushing the boundaries.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in managing large scale supplier relationship management - including using scorecards, building collaborative partnerships and implementing remedial action plans
- Strong commercial or contract management experience and experience of using contractual levers to improve overall performance (within a collaborative working partnership)
- Experienced at designing and using dashboards to report on performance and insight based decision making
- Strong experience / skills in service delivery (internal provision or external 3rd party)
- Knowledge of Police or similar industry legislation / Health and Safety regulations would be beneficial
- Extremely comfortable with data analysis and insights - experience with data visualisation such as Power BI would be very beneficial
- Excellent verbal communication skills - able to quickly build relationships and identify the stakeholders that need to be engaged
- Excellent written communication skills - succinct reports and presentations
- Strategic thinker - able to see the big picture and plan for the future
- Able to put the customer first and design processes to meet customers' needs
- Excellent change manager of people - able to inspire and lead teams to achieve a cultural shift
- Resilient and determined to make change happen
What's on Offer
- Salary between £54,460 - £56,700 + £1,841 location allowance and £1000 pensionable allowance
- 36 hours per week
- Office based at Marlow House but with flexibility to work at other London offices including New Scotland Yard.
- When you start as a member of police staff, you'll have a choice of joining one of the civil service pension schemes
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 5 years
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPYC1120236253811Z