Commercial Manager (Major Projects) x 2
Come and join Aberdeen City Council as part of Commercial and Procurement Services a NEW and UNIQUE shared service.
Based in our Aberdeen hub you will lead, manage and support major capital and/or revenue projects across Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Highland Councils. The projects will be of key strategic significance often of significant high value and risk and complex in nature. You will look for business opportunities, including income generation streams, savings and service improvements.
We offer flexibility as we want to help you strike a balance between your work and personal life - so we have a variety of ways you can work flexibly, and in many cases we exceed legislative requirements to promote the welfare of our employees.
Annual leave entitlement is generous from 27 days, rising to 32 days after 5 years continuous service and 35 days after 10 years. In addition, you're entitled to 7 public holidays throughout the year.
You'll have access to one of the best pension schemes within the UK. The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a statutory, funded pension scheme.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide professional support and assistance to the Strategic Procurement Manager (Commercial Projects)
- Lead commercial performance across the Councils, drive efficiencies and commercial competence
- Develop and articulate performance reports and metrics for reporting to Senior Management Teams and Council Committees
- Responsible for taking the commercial lead in complex negotiation
- Ownership of the key programmes delivery strategy
- Responsible for all supply chain management process, project management, governance and management control of engaged strategic programmes
- Prepare complex reports, plans and other information on projects/casework
You will have strong analytical skills and experience of performance and improvement tools and techniques
You will be an excellent communicator and negotiator with experience of working with multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams.
You will have a successful track record in delivery of savings and service improvements.
You will be focused on results and management of projects and programmes to improve performance and deliver effective services to customers
Qualifications: Relevant Business / Commercial qualification