Category Manager x 4 posts
Come and join Aberdeen City Council as part of Commercial and Procurement Services a NEW and UNIQUE shared service.
Based in our Inverness hub you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of a specific group(s) of goods and services, across all three Councils. This is a critical role - coordinating buying/sourcing activities for stakeholders across the Councils, driving cost and efficiency savings and improved value through the use of best procurement practice.
We offer flexibility as we want to help you strike a balance between your work and personal life - so we have a variety of ways you can work flexibly, and in many cases we exceed legislative requirements to promote the welfare of our employees.
Annual leave entitlement is generous from 27 days, rising to 32 days after 5 years continuous service and 35 days after 10 years. In addition, you're entitled to 7 public holidays throughout the year.
You'll have access to one of the best pension schemes within the UK. The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a statutory, funded pension scheme.
Your key responsibilities
- Market analysis, commodity profiling, supplier negotiations, implementation and management of strategic contracts
- Identify opportunities for benefits including cost and efficiency savings
- Work with suppliers to optimize delivery, innovation and process efficiencies.
- Manage the level and nature of ‘off contract’ buying, and reduce ‘maverick’ spend
- Develop commercial and procurement services as a Centre of Excellence/Expertise
You will require strong influencing and negotiation skills.
You will be an excellent communicator to develop and maintain effective partnership working across service / organisational boundaries and with others external to the Councils.
You will have a good understanding of procurement legislation; supplier and contract management skills and experience.
You will be results focused.