Luton Council – Corporate Procurement Service opportunities
Procurement Manager X 2 - £39,880 - £42,821 a year plus £3,203 car benefit allowance + £2500 market supplement
The Procurement Manager opportunities come with an excellent benefits package including a Local Authority pension scheme, attractive holiday allowance and the potential for flexible / home working. You will also benefit from investment in training and development, and the opportunity to shape your career in an environment where procurement is front and centre in shaping and delivering the commercial strategies that will drive a positive impact for the local economy and community.
Note that during the current time all of the procurement team are working from home with occasional presence required in a stores setting as the service holds and issues PPE for internal and external use.
We are working exclusively with our client, Luton Council, to recruit into two Procurement Managers roles that have been created as part of a key council 5 year strategy to deliver “Prosperity thorough Procurement”. This is an exciting time to join Luton Council’s procurement function, who are on a journey to deliver real and tangible positive benefits to the residents of Luton.
Lead by the Service Manager Procurement, the teams’ deliverables include:-
- Driving a commercial approach to contracting across the Council, in line with PCR2015 and internal governance
- Working collaboratively with other local public sector “anchor” institutions to maximise the impact that procurement activity can have on the communities of Luton and surrounding areas
- Development of a robust Social Value framework that aligns economic development, inclusive growth and our priority to eradicate poverty.
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrating a robust strategic, commercial and collaborative approach.
Key Candidate Criteria:-
Hands-on experience / demonstrable understanding and working experience of PCR2015, ideally gained from working across a number of category spend areas/directorates.
In conjunction with this, core competencies include-
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of procurement best practice and commercial delivery within a centralised function, ideally gained in both the private and public sectors.
- Experience of identifying / delivering cashable savings and value opportunities through creative and effective commercial practices
- Experience of gaining meaningful Social Value from procurement activity
- Flexibility and adaptability to work across a number of different spend areas.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to be collaborative and nurture a team-working spirit.
- Proven line management skills (direct or matrix management) with the ability to develop individual team members and lead project teams.
- MCIPS certification or working towards MCIPS or relevant experience working within a professional / commercial procurement environment.
For further information on these opportunities please submit your CV to email@example.com or call +44(0)844 847 8336 quoting reference 7657NR . All direct applications will be forwarded on to Langley Search & Interim.
Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement and the supply chain across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement and supply chain jobs, Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Take a look at our website at www.langleysearch.com and join our LinkedIn community at http://bit.ly/1MzkDeV for the latest industry insight, news and more exciting opportunities. As the leading niche recruiter of end-to-end Supply Chain, Procurement and Operational Excellence jobs, we also provide valued career advice and support services for candidates.
Unfortunately due to the high levels of response we receive, we are often unable to personally respond to every application. If you are suitable for the role for which you have applied or another role, we will contact you within 7 working days