Interim Manager - Air Freight Procurement
Langley Search & Interim is retained by a global manufacturing business to find an Interim Manager to review their global air & sea freight spend. This process will involve the development of a longer term category plan with detailed analysis of spend with 3rd parties, benchmarking & review of current contracts, drawing up RFI/RFQ’s if required and working down their supply chains to elicit benefits.
You will report to the Procurement Director and the role will involve some international travel. The role is based in Hertfordshire although currently there is some home working available.
You will have the following:
- Deep knowledge and experience in managing the air & sea freight category with proven evidence of delivering in this category
- Excellent programme and project manager experience
- The ability to work strategically and tactically to develop and implement the category plan – not frightened to get into the detail but able to helicopter up strategically
- Excellent analysis skills including use of Excel spreadsheets and other tools
- Excellent communication skills – able to work with Board level stakeholders and senior people in key current and potential suppliers. A good influencer
- A team player – not interested in the glory, but who will drive to get results
- Excellent negotiation skills with a developed and balanced commercial approach
- Ideally of graduate calibre and CIPS qualified
In return for your skills & experience a competitive day rate is offered.
Interested? Please email your CV and last/current day rate or package to us quoting 7661/CL
Langley Search & Interim supplies Interims in the UK & Internationally. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation roles across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial & Manufacturing, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation jobs Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, Logistics Procurement, Air Freight, Sea Freight, Procurement, Contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.