Category Buyer - Packaging
Langley Search & Interim is retained by a global manufacturing business to find a Category Buyer – Packaging to manage all packaging spend for the UK site. Product areas include corrugated packaging, cellophane, sleeves and ribbons etc. You will be capable of development in the role which initially will be systems based and will involve liaison with the warehouse, suppliers, internal stakeholders and others.
You will report to the UK Procurement Manager and the role may involve some travelling. The role is based in Hertfordshire.
You will have the following:
- Ideally have some knowledge of some packaging procurement (although not essential) and used to working in a manufacturing environment
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude with excellent communication skills
- Tenacious and resilient under pressure – a completer finisher
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team
- Be able to use and learn about planning systems – computer savvy
- Good negotiation skills with a commercial approach
- Be willing to learn and develop yourself further
- Ideally of graduate calibre and be studying or be willing to study for CIPS qualifications
In return for your skills & experience a salary of up to £42k is offered plus benefits.
For further information please email your CV and full package details to us quoting 7660/CL
Langley Search & Interim supplies Interim IT Procurement Managers in UK. Langley Search & Interim supplies a unique blend of interim and permanent recruitment solutions for jobs in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation roles across the UK, Europe and internationally. We work with blue chips, privately owned businesses, the public sector and start-ups across the Consumer, Industrial & Manufacturing, Public Sector, Technology and Professional Services Sectors. As the leading niche recruitment partner in procurement, supply chain, operational excellence and transformation jobs Langley Search & Interim also provides valued career advice and support to candidates.
Key skills and areas: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, Packaging Procurement, Contract negotiation, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder management, purchasing
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive for posted roles, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each applicant. If we have not been in contact within a week, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We thank you for your continued interest in working with Langley Search & Interim.