Global Procurement Manager, Ingredients & Commodities
Global Procurement Manager, Ingredients & Commodity Spent - Global Consumer Healthcare Provider - West London - £55-65k + car allowance & bonus
This market leading and globally renowned Consumer Healthcare firm, renowned for their branded off-the-shelf products, are looking to bring onboard an established and cutting-edge procurement manager to lead across their vast and developing commodity spend, including sugar, starches and organic polymers.
This is a highly strategic role, working closely with the global director and head of function, where will you have the opportunity to drive strategies at a global level of circa £60M spend. Due to the highly strategic nature of these roles, you will be pushed to develop in new categories and commodity spend areas as you progress through the organisation, ideal for those looking to develop a well-rounded skillset, to take you to senior manager and above.
Procurement Manager role outline:
- Responsible for the execution and development of global sourcing strategy across commodity portfolio, including; Sugar, Starches, Organics and Polymers, accountable for achieving competitive positions with these suppliers
- Coaching and leading the junior buyers and buyers in the team, always with a focus towards the companies strategy and positioning in the market
- Work cross-functionally to build strong relationships with other functions, including; Finance, Marketing, R&D & NPD to ensure you are aware of new product cycles and able to allocate sufficient time to these new products
- Take advantage of this organisations global reputation in personal and career development, to progress through the organisation in the years to follow
- 5 + years of global raw materials or commodity experience from one of the following industries is desired; pharmaceuticals, food manufacturing or FMCG however not essential.
- It is essential however to have strong and demonstratable experience of working in a strategic procurement role, tasked with strategic category development and sourcing initiatives in a raw materials / commodity focussed category
- Financial analysis and reviewing experience in order to manage quarterly reviews with stakeholders and in order to manage ever changing commodity pricing due to turbulent political and geographical landscapes
- Bachelors / Masters / MCIPS qualifications is desired however not essential
If you are interested in working for one of the leading consumer healthcare firms globally, please apply via this domain or with your cv directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Procurement, indirect procurement, direct procurement, purchasing, strategic procurement, category management, strategic sourcing, srm, supplier engagement, raw materials, commodities, sugar, sucrose, consumer products, fmcg, retail, food manufacturing, category manager, procurement manager, global procurement, degree, mcips, cips, masters, London, West London