Category Buyer, CapEx & MRO
About the role
Position will be responsible for the sourcing activities for processing equipment, MRO and related services. Chosen candidate will lead strategic sourcing initiatives to deliver long range programs for processing equipment, MRO and capital services contracts which support the operational requirements of the regional Supply Chain, as well Spot Buys for Capex purchases on ad-hoc basis. Working with regional Engineering teams and cooperating with global Project Managers, candidate will develop sourcing strategies which meet the costs and timelines of identified projects.
Key Responsibilities include
- Develop long range sourcing plans for the Capex and MRO category and manage the potential supplier base to achieve those plans.
- Develop contractual programs with chosen suppliers based on the goal of reducing the total cost of ownership achieved through a long-term oriented supply base, and where applicable use the tactical, fact base purchase
- Collaborate with engineering teams to optimize equipment specifications which maximize processing output.
- Develop sub-category strategies which contribute toward the goals and balance of the local facilities.
- Mentor local internal customers on the application of contracted programs.
- Manage medium to complex projects as assigned.
- Implement standardized sourcing processes across the region and ensure that desired results are delivered.
- Create Regional/Global Supply Agreements for MRO categories as assigned.
- Support multiple facilities within the region with the ongoing Capex project purchases.
- Evaluate an encompassing program with integrated suppliers of the above categories.
- Provide budgetary support for the capital equipment category.
- Responsible for commercial terms and conditions.
- A minimum of a four-year degree in Business or Engineering and a demonstrated historical involvement with centralized sourcing of technical Goods (equipment, MRO, services)
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar role with focus on CapEx and MRO
- A technical knowledge and functional understanding of food processing equipment.
- Project Management experience preferably in a multi-plant or international environment.
- A proven background in RFI / RFP procedures for capital equipment sourcing and MRO category purchase
- An understanding of capital equipment projects and being able to support initiatives with cost analysis and with an identified supplier base.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to address multiple projects across multiple plants simultaneously.
- Demonstrated strong participation and communication skills across multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Procurement experience in the food processing, pharmaceutical, or chemical industries is needed
- Experience in international sourcing is helpful
Fluent in English/ Additional French is preferable