Procurement Manager - Major projects
Procurement Manager - Major Projects
Multinational Defence Firm
Bramwith Consulting are working alongside a FTSE defence firm to find an excellent procurement manager to lead a newly established team on a crucial long-term project.
This role will involve joining a niche and highly-specialised sourcing and supply chain function. Working cross functionally with other teams involved on this crucial program, the successful individual will take a lead on the full end to end procurement of all materials, services, and subcontracts to ensure successful delivery of the programme.
The key responsibilities of this Procurement Manager position are:
- Lead a motivated and specialised team in all aspect's procurement relating to overhaul and repairs, materials, equipment, engineering services and subcontracts
- Ensure robust supply chains through comprehensive management of suppliers and external stakeholders, identifying areas of risk and demonstrating sound commercial awareness
- Work alongside senior level stakeholders and 'Heads of' to ensure the successful and timely delivery of key program requirements and performance indicators
- Hold overall accountability for the execution of procurement and supply chain strategy, maintaining consistent levels of performance and achieving the best possible value for money
The key criteria required for this role is:
- Strong procurement experience, ideally within a defence/aerospace setting or related engineering industry (Maritime experience desirable)
- Experience of working in highly regulated environments such as defence, maintaining high levels of compliance and quality control
- Strong commercial acumen, material management, strategic procurement and sourcing, and inventory experience essential
- Strong educational record, degree educated, CIPS qualified and project management qualifications all desirable
- Full un-restricted right to work in the UK, candidates must also be eligible for security clearance due to the nature of this role (resident in the UK for past 5 years)
This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced defence procurement candidate to take the step into a position of responsibility within a lively and specialist procurement and supply chain team.
For more information or to apply please send your CV and details to Rhys at jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words: defence, aerospace, engineering, procurement, supply chain, project procurement, sourcing, strategic sourcing, MRO, project management, procurement manager, senior buyer, MCIPS, CIPS, logistics, demand planning, Devon, South West England, Cornwall, Plymouth, Exeter