Sourcing Business Partner - Supply Chain
5 days left
- Full Time
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
Location - Reading Area
The role of the Sourcing Business Partner (SBP) is to actively contribute towards securing short and long-term successful business for AWE and acting as single point of contact for all Supply Chain and Sourcing requirements for the assigned business area. The SBP will be responsible for working collaboratively with stakeholders and Category Teams to develop and implement category and project strategies to solve business problems and support current and future business requirements, whilst mitigating risk.
Through early contribution in the Stakeholder organisations, the SBP shall drive higher value contribution from the supply chain to AWE's business. To drive supply chain value, relevant category strategies and preferred supplier lists shall be endorsed, through proactive participation in strategic product/project forums, including business and product decision meetings.
This is an exciting time to join the AWE Supply Chain Management, as the function is rolling out an ambitious and challenging transformation programme. The SBP will play an instrumental role in the transformation.
Specific duties of the SBP include:
- The SBP is accountable for the sourcing contribution (including efficiencies and risk mitigation) from business opportunity, to delivering on stakeholder expectation and represents Supply Chain Management (SCM) In the stakeholder's organisation for specific business areas
- Through early contribution in the stakeholder's organisation, the SBP shall make sure category strategies and preferred supplier lists are communicated and implemented and that business needs are passed on to the appropriate Category Managers for incorporation in category strategies
- Support stakeholder engagement, building relationships through early involvement and proactive engagement and being the key interface (single point of contact - SPOC) and accountable for all relevant sourcing matters including escalation for assigned business area
- Contribute to make vs buy preparation and decisions, understand the business strategies, plans and forecasts etc. and link with the Category Management team for upcoming projects
- Contribute and support the development of customized sourcing solution strategies and plans for Stakeholders E.g. R&D/product development teams, In cooperation with the rest of the Category Management Team
- Represent SCM for savings and efficiencies through the development of sourcing strategies and plans covering relevant spend categories involved, in order to secure optimised costs and efficiencies actions
- Support and provide input to the Process and Performance team as appropriate
- Support the development and interface with the service centre
- Ensuring an understanding of responsibilities and demonstrating appropriate behaviours in line with the company's environmental, sustainability, health, safety, security, quality and ethics standards
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills:
- MCIPS or equivalent qualification or working towards (desired)
- Accuracy in data analysis and attention to detail
- Knowledge of contractual arrangements
- Strong negotiator/influencer
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Working experience within a buying role in a similar organisation or industry
- Experience of drafting, reviewing, negotiating and managing contracts
- Experience of supplier management strategies to maximise benefits and minimise risk
All candidates must be able to apply for and maintain the correct security clearance for this role.