PROJECT PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST - DEFENCE - SOUTH WEST ENGLAND
Contact: Rhys at jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Working on a crucial project of significant national importance, the Project Procurement Specialist will be working alongside a newly formed and specialist procurement and supply chain team responsible for the planning and execution of a complex and long-term defence project.
This recognisable global defence and engineering major have a reputation for having a best in class procurement function and have a critical role to play in the delivery this Engineering Programme based at one of their biggest sites in Europe.
The role will focus on the supply chain design and sourcing of suppliers providing materials and subcontract services, with a switch to then monitoring performance, managing compliance and continuing to drive value and efficiency in-contract.
This employer offers a degree of flexible working and is open to discussions around alternative and tailored working hours.
Overview of the Procurement Specialist position:
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day procurement and supply chain requirements of the project, predominantly focusing on materials and subcontracts
- Working cross functionally with management and external stakeholders to develop a pipeline of requirements, helping to develop long-term procurement strategy to support future bids
- Taking full accountability for the management of suppliers and their contracts, ensuring successful delivery of the project on time and on budget, and within the constraints of a highly regulated environment.
- Responsible for the management of supplier relationships, ensuring contractual compliance, identifying issues with performance, and successfully building relationships to enable consistent levels of delivery.
Requirements for this position:
- Experience of working on complex procurement projects, ideally within an engineering, defence/aerospace, or similar regulated and technical environment
- Exposure to subcontract management and direct materials procurement
- Excellent understanding of the end to end procurement process, including in contract management and supplier relationship management
- Strong academic record, CIPS and relevant degree qualifications desirable
- Candidates must be aware that due to the nature of the project, they may be required to undergo security clearance, and must therefore be eligible for this. Including being resident in the UK for 5 years and having unrestricted right to work.
This would suit a motivated procurement professional looking to continue their career within project procurement. The Individual will ideally have experience of delivering on complex strategic sourcing projects, as well as a sound understanding of full end-to-end procurement and supply chain processes.
Salary: £35-40k DOE
To apply or find out more please contact Rhys at jobsRB@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Supply chain, procurement, project procurement, buyer, senior buyer strategic procurement, sourcing, supplier management, defence, aerospace, supply chain, engineering procurement, direct procurement, infrastructure, Devon, South West England, Plymouth, CIPS