Belfast City Centre
£36960 - £47520, defined contribution pension, health cash plan, flexi-time, 40 days annual leave, M-F hours
Kelly Jennings and Associates are proud to have partnered with one of Northern Ireland’s most prominent Housing Associations to recruit for a Procurement Manager. Based in Belfast, this is a permanent post and unique opportunity for a commercially astute procurement professional to carve a career in an award-winning company and investor in people. This is a job where you can really make a difference, working in a customer-centric business that is dedicated to enhancing the lives of our community.
The successful Procurement Manager will lead and manage a dynamic and fast-paced group procurement function. No two days will be the same, with procurements ranging from multi-million-pound construction programmes to maintenance projects, consumables, specialist equipment and services.
Reporting to the Group Director of finance, you will co-ordinate and expedite compliant, effective procurement strategies that will deliver stakeholder requirements, while maintaining protecting the business from procurement risk. Being a subject matter expert in procurement, you will support colleagues within the team and wider business in the delivery of a number of high-profile projects across the UK and Northern Ireland. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with, and developing and maintaining relationships with Government departments and stakeholders to shape and influence procurement policies that meet the needs of the business
- Identifying efficiencies through the procurement process across in areas such as joint purchasing
- Preparing and delivering written reports and assessments for multiple stakeholders including group level senior management & Boards. Obtaining and presenting legal advice where necessary on aspects relating to all procurement activities.
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies, ensuring current and potential supplier selection parameters promote good procurement practice incorporating sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, whole life costing and value for money (VFM)
- Maintaining and auditing procurement exercises and management of contracts
- Training and mentoring of staff
The successful Procurement Manager will be eligible for a highly attritive remuneration package and will join an investor of people with family-friendly policies. Base salary of up to £47,520 is available, depending on experience. Other benefits include a defined contribution pension scheme, 40 days annual leave (including stats) per annum, a health cash plan and death in service.
The successful Procurement Manager should be educated to degree level or equivalent and be a current CIPS member who either holds a full qualification or is studying towards a CIPS Level 4 procurement qualification. In addition, you should be able to demonstrate:
- At least five years of relevant procurement in a large organisation that has included managing project-specific teams and conducting a range of procurement activity such as supplier relationships, communication, quotation and tender projects.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of procurement, tendering and contract management including complex, high-value projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of public sector purchasing procedures and regulations, to include Good knowledge of EU/UK public procurement law
- In-depth knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety obligations/Risk Assessment
- Excellent IT skills, customer service skills and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills, as well as robust organisational and negotiation skills
- Committed and engaged with the ability to work on own initiative
- Articulate in speech and manner, being able to communicate effectively with, and relate too, colleagues and tenants
Preference will be given to candidates who, as well as the above can demonstrate at the application stage the desirable criteria, which is available upon request.
How do I apply?
Interested candidates who are meeting the criteria for this position should register and upload an updated CV without delay via this advert. If you would like to discuss your suitability for this position, or if you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please do give me, Kelly Jennings a call on 028 9558 2083.
Please note that only candidate CV's who are meeting the minimum criteria will be considered. A permanent, UK work visa is required and eligibility to work in the UK will be checked at the shortlisting stage of this position. A full, clean UK driver's licence and access to car are also required for this job.