Head of procurement
Building our future
Operating across half of Scotland, Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) is one of Europe’s most highly regarded development agencies. HIE’s unique integration of economic and community development is central to its mission to generate sustainable economic growth in every part of the Highlands and Islands, particularly in fragile areas.
- Head of procurement
- Current full-time home-working role. Normal office base Inverness with a requirement for travel throughout the Highlands and Islands region and central Scotland for partner meetings.
- Starting salary £44,542 per annum, excellent benefits package
- Potential salary progression from £44,542 - £53,158 per annum
- Permanent, full-time, 35 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced, proactive, and ambitious Head of procurement to join our senior management team.
As part of this job you’ll:
- lead on the development and delivery of a contracts and procurement strategy for HIE
- lead on HIE’s procurement activity, ensuring that targets are linked to HIE’s commitment to Net Zero
- promote the use of new technology and applications for the management of the procurement process, including the development of a full contracts register
- lead and develop the procurement team and create a supportive and effective focal point for employees to engage and gain advice on HIE contract and procurement solutions
- promote procurement as a tool to enable economic and community development
- collaborate with a wide range of external partners including the Procurement Collaboration Group, Scottish Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, and Scottish Government
- represent the team on internal and external stakeholder meetings such as the Information Security Fraud Governance Group (ISFGG) and the Inclusive Growth Forum
- lead on HIE’s assessment as part of the Procurement and Commercial Improvement Programme (PCIP) ensuring HIE continue to improve our performance, and;
- engage with other local public sector organisations to promote shared services and facilitate improved efficiency and effectiveness from procurement activities and resources to deliver both strategic economic aims and value for money
It’s essential that you are a proven leader who can quickly build strong working relationships with your direct reports, senior managers, colleagues across the organisation and HIE’s external partners and stakeholders.
You’ll also have confidence in your technical skills, demonstrating practical and operational experience in financial analysis and managing complex budgets. Strong experience in public sector procurements with wide exposure to OJEU tendering is also essential.
You’ll also be a strategic thinker, with the ability to lead, influence and motivate staff at all levels.
To apply please visit our website and complete the online application form on our vacancies page:
Job reference: 966
Closing date: 10 December 2020
Interviews: week commencing 14 December 2020 – via Skype