Procurement Manager Raw Commodities - Food
EMEA Procurement Manager, Raw Materials & Commodity Spend - Global Food Manufacturing Major - Buckinghamshire + Flexible working - £60-70k + package
After a buoyant and successful year, this global food manufacturing firm is looking to bring onboard a cutting-edge procurement manager to lead raw material commodity spend across EMEA, post recent promotions in the team.
This US business, who have grown via some high-profile acquisitions in Europe, are the leading brand in their market producing for the industrial, restaurant and home markets, generating €4Bn revenue. As a procurement manager in this transforming procurement function, you will not only get the opportunity to work with some of the leading procurement & supply chain talent the market has to offer, but be given the autonomy to stamp your mark on this category and progress through senior management with a clear pathway into senior leadership positions.
Procurement Manager role outline:
- Responsible for the execution and development of sourcing strategies across commodity portfolio, including; nuts, grains & spices, accountable for achieving competitive positions with these suppliers
- Coaching and leading the junior buyers and buyers in the team, always with a focus towards the companies strategy and positioning in the market
- Work cross-functionally to build strong relationships with other functions, including; Finance, Marketing, R&D & NPD to ensure you are aware of new product cycles and able to allocate sufficient time to these new products
- Take advantage of this organisations global reputation in personal and career development, to progress through the organisation in the years to follow
- Global raw materials or commodity purchasing experience from one of the following industries is desired; food manufacturing or FMCG
- It is essential however to have strong and demonstratable experience of working in a strategic procurement role, tasked with strategic category development and sourcing initiatives in a raw materials / commodity focussed category
- Financial analysis and reviewing experience in order to manage quarterly reviews with stakeholders and in order to manage ever changing commodity pricing due to turbulent political and geographical landscapes
- Bachelors / Masters / MCIPS qualifications is desired however not essential
If you are interested in joining this global leader, please get in touch via the relevant domain or directly with a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Keywords: procurement, purchasing, direct buying, buyer, commodities, ingredients, raw ingredients, food, manufacturing, fmcg, supplier management, degree, CIPS