Procurement and Contracts Manager (Part-time)
Salary: £16,687 to £18,823 (£41,718 to £47,058 for full-time equivalent)
Contract: 18 to 24 months
Hours: 15 hours per week with flexible working
Based at: Winsford, Cheshire
Closing Date : 25 January 2021
Interview Date: TBC
This is a great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional who is seeking to improve their work/life balance with an interesting public sector role.
Cheshire Police HQ is based at Winsford in Cheshire. The successful candidate will join the Strategic Procurement Unit which is part of the recently formed joint Police and Fire Corporate Services department.
As a Procurement and Contracts Manager, you will:
- Lead on the contract and procurement process for high value, high risk contracts/procurements within a range of categories;
- Provide professional advice and support regarding the design and preparation of specifications for tenders and contracts, evaluation, drafting terms and conditions within the context of Public Procurement legislation;
- Establish and develop strong working relationships with customers and 3rd party providers;
- Manage the review of existing contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Be qualified to level 6 in a procurement or a business related subject.
- Have a good understanding of Procurement and Contracts Management legislation and best practice in the public sector.
- Have significant experience of purchasing and procurement across a broad range of environments, preferably IT, estates and property, and professional services at middle management level which will include the tendering process; drafting, negotiating, and managing the procurement process; monitoring, reviewing, and evaluation of contract compliance.
What you need to do now
The closing date for applications is 25 January 2021.