LLWR is based in Drigg, Cumbria. However, for this role, remote working will be considered.
LLWR have a permanent staff vacancy for a talented and ambitious Procurement Manager to lead the successful delivery of a variety of sourcing activities for works, good, and services covering our full range of projects, programmes, and business functions. This will include leading cross-functional sourcing teams through the procurement lifecycle, starting with identification of need through to successful handover of the executed contract to our commercial delivery contract management function.
In additional to delivering several sourcing projects in parallel, the Procurement Manager will also identify, develop and manage a portfolio of improvement activities to ensure LLWR continues to work to the latest best practice and remains compliant with Government Commercial policy, strategy, standards and associated legislation.
- Prepare robust sourcing strategies which delivery the requirements of the business and meet the standards expected at the relevant LLWR, NDA and external sanctioning and assurance approval gates.
- Prepare tender documentation, such as Invitation to Tender or Request for Quotation for a variety of procurements including those governed by the Public Contracts Regulations, below threshold, and framework Further Competitions.
- Lead tender evaluation exercises and prepare contract award recommendations, including the optimisation of value for money.
- Maintain a rolling pipeline of procurements and sourcing projects for the organisation and provide monthly stakeholder reports highlighting changes and pipeline delivery risks and opportunities
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant markets, suppliers and services to support the needs of the business.
- Develop and agree contract terms and conditions to ensure that contract management can be delivered effectively and to ensure that supplier performance is to the expected level (or exceeded).
- Lead the assessment and implement best practice in procurement processes, documents and systems, training other commercial and non-commercial personnel within the business in their usage.
- Implement Learning from Experience from internal and external reviews of procurement documentation and work with other members of the NDA group to promote collaboration across the NDA group.
- Advise and train junior members of the Procurement Team
- Degree Qualified in a suitable subject or equivalent professional experience.
- Extensive experience in procurement & supply chain activities, ideally within a highly regulated industry.
- Extensive knowledge of public contracts regulations and public procurement
- Significant knowledge and working experience of relevant forms of contract for goods and services, particularly NEC3 and NEC4
- Excellent stakeholder and communication skills with demonstrable ability to navigate through conflicting priorities and sanction and approvals processes.
- Ability to manage the development and deployment of effective processes, systems and tools to support good business practices
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Relevant procurement qualifications (MCIPS or equivalent)
- Proven ability to identify areas for change and the ability to implement solutions
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly