Category & Subcontract Manager
About the role:
We are seeking a Category & Subcontract Manager to join our team in Brighton. This position will report to our Supply Chain Manager and join a team of 10. Travel to suppliers will be required, typically 1-2 days per week so a driving licence and willingness to travel is essential.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, management and performance of sourcing strategies within a given Category, to meet business goals and objectives.
- Manages the assessment, selection and development of strategic suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals. including leading periodic business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (Quality, cost, delivery, technology, service, and leadership), managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolutions, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans
- Establishes a strong network and fosters collaboration with customers, suppliers, key stakeholders and category team members. Researches and benchmarks current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges.
- Responsible for the procurement of subcontracts including the management of cost, schedule and performance parameters. Developing subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms & conditions. Develops bid packages, conducts bidders’ conferences, analyses and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and manages resulting subcontracts
Experience & Skills:
- Experience managing supplier relationships and cross functional teams.
- Able to proficiently develop, apply, and analyse the effectiveness of Supply Chain methods to turn materials into products.
- Strong knowledge of procurement lifecycle and supply chain management principals.
- Highly organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Able to lead groups in problem solving.
- Strong mentoring and training skills.
- Excellent communications, negotiations, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Cross-functional knowledge of Supplier Quality, Programmes and Engineering as they relate to subcontract management (desirable).
- An understanding of Aerospace/Defence Design Development Projects & the engineering life cycle (desirable).
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification (APICS, CPIM, ISM or ASCM) would be beneficial.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.