OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Contract: Open Ended
Salary: £34,988 - £41,574 per annum
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable
and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change (www.odi.org).
Finance Department develops and implements dynamic and future focused financial strategies to support ODI, while maintaining financial oversight and administration in managing ODI’s financial affairs. Our aims are to deliver quality financial information and a high standard of support to Programmes.
We are seeking to appoint 1 Procurement Manager to join the Financial Accounting team. You will work with Financial Controller to support financial operations and compliance process including procurement to pay, subcontractor management and management reporting. The Procurement Manager will work closely with Programmes in order to achieve value for money and assist project compliance. This role will support to drive continuous improvement in financial reporting and associated systems, processes and policies.
- Significant knowledge and experience:
- Fully qualified member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or actively study towards one
- Experience of delivering Strategic Procurement activities and related projects
- Experience of analysing Non-PAYE spend to inform procurement decisions to enable the development of strategies in order to improve contract delivery and cost benefits.
- Experience of delivering collaborative procurement projects with other non-profit or private sector bodies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills demonstrating the ability to influence others, build trust and obtain agreement to proposals
- Demonstrable ability to lead projects and initiatives that cross institutional boundaries, securing buy-in and delivering outcomes
Closing date: 29 January 2021
Interview date: Week Commencing 1st February 2021
For more information, please download an application pack from here and please include links for your most relevant publications. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 8234 or email email@example.com.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248