Commercial Contracts Manager - £50k - £60k + Package - Leading Utilities Brand - London
Following a transformation of their supply chain function, this household utilities organisation seeks an experience contracts and procurement candidate to join their established procurement team in a newly created position.
The chosen candidate will have succession planning to eventually lead the function and a team of 4 people.
Procurement and Contract Manager job overview: -
- The Commercial Supplier Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing their own portfolio of suppliers/contracts/projects as well as supporting other Supply Chain areas as and when required.
- Engage with the relevant stakeholders to understand the business strategies and provide support to the business on contractual and commercial matters.
- Manage commercial aspects of contracts post contract award which may include detailed commercial and financial analysis and may be required to validate detailed payment applications.
- Support the procurement process pre-contract award.
- Develop a supplier base that is appropriate to the size and complexity of the organisation, and mitigates the supplier risk in a suitable manner
- Ensure that third party suppliers and contractors both understand and work in alignment with our health, safety, environment and quality practices and standards
- Ensure that suppliers deliver the expected goods and services to the required quality in a timely manner and at the agreed costs; manage exceptions effectively and ensure mitigating actions are put in place and followed
- Provide professional advice to the wider Supply Chain team
Required background: -
- Demonstrated success in the development and delivery of successful Supply Chain strategies and implementing contractual arrangements
- Experience of forming, negotiating and maintaining strategic commercial relationships
- Strong understanding of contract and commercial law and sound understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Strong procurement, contract management and strategic supplier relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, with experience in negotiating high value and complex multidiscipline contracts
- Demonstrates success in planning complex projects
- Demonstrated success in managing significant change to ensure maximizing value to the Business
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manage a complex portfolio of Supply Chain contracts
- High degree of commercial acumen, being able to understand complex commercial issues, and drive complex commercial negotiations to conclusion
If you are interested in applying please send a copy of your CV to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Keywords: Procurement, Purchasing, Direct, goods, Services, Contract management, stakeholder management, negotiation, strategic procurement, heavy industries, construction, engineering, utilities, degree, cips, London, Surrey, Reading, Hampshire, NEC