Senior Social Value Manager
We are rapidly growing and have an immediate need to strengthen our capability in public sector procurement. As well as using the platform to host tenders, some of our public sector customers also ask us to evaluate the social value element of tenders on their behalf. Our current public sector customers are predominantly local authorities, but we expect our work to expand into other parts of the public sector in the coming 12 months.
We are looking for experienced professionals with a background in public sector procurement and commissioning to build and lead in this area of specialist skills. You will have strong digital, analytical, project management and client management skills, and recognise the importance of public services and social value. You will be able to work as part of a dynamic team as well as be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment to ensure the smooth delivery of multiple client projects at any given time. This is a hands-on role that requires a proactive individual who is willing to learn, share their specialist knowledge with other team members and has experience managing key customer and stakeholder relationships day-to-day.
You will be working as part of the Social Value Adviser (customer success) team to help onboard, manage and expand social value accounts for a wide range of public sector clients, with a particular focus on procurement and evaluation. The role will include: helping clients to embed social value in their procurement processes, providing internal and external training on the evaluation of social value, helping clients to get the most out of the Portal, developing reports on social value outcomes, analysing project performance and metrics, and ongoing client relationship management. You will likely have a combination of public sector accounts which you will be directly responsible for, and an overall team responsibility for the management and delivery of tender evaluations.
The successful candidate will be expected more broadly to contribute to leadership, mentoring and coaching within the SVA team.
While direct experience of applying social value in procurement is not essential, the successful candidate will need to be able to rapidly gain a good working understanding of social value and SVP’s social value measurement framework, the TOMs.
Please note this is not a new business development role as you will be managing existing relationships. Client retention and renewal are very important to us, however, and you will be expected to play a key role in supporting the growth of the relationship with your clients. You will be reporting directly to the Customer Success Director who leads the team.
Required experience, skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant working experience in the public sector in a procurement/commissioning role
- Experience managing key client and stakeholder relationships
- Excellent team-working skills
- Detailed knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations and their practical application
- Experience of evaluating tender submissions and contract management
- Good communication skills - comfortable working alongside senior leadership/management
- High level of numeracy and a good academic standard in a numerical or mathematical discipline
- Comfortable working with web applications with the ability to explain functionality of an application or programme to clients in simple terms
- Organised and structured approach to working with great attention to detail
- Graduate - Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or equivalent
We are also interested in the following:
- Working experience in the local authority sector
- Experience working with public sector suppliers
- Experience using procurement platforms and framework agreements
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification
- Project management qualification – PRINCE II or equivalent
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience embedding social value or sustainability in procurement and commissioning