Supply Chain Lead - Global Defence - Surrey
Supply Chain Lead - Global Aerospace & Defence - £60-65K + Package - Surrey
This British Multinational Defence company are recognised as world-class in their research and development, and innovative strategies towards multiple domains, including aerospace, cyber and energy. As an established member of the FTSE 250, they are growing at a fantastic rate and continuing to succeed in the market. Due to this ongoing success, they are facing an exciting expansion, meaning they currently seek an ambitious procurement professional to join the team as a supply lead for their technology and manufacturing division.
This is a permanent position, where you will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain in Technology. Flexible working is offered, alongside many other benefits with a base salary of up to £65k.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company, where you can progress quickly in an organisation who value and place a true emphasis on educating and developing staff.
If you have experience in new developments and commercial supply chain processes, particularly within the engineering space, this could be a fantastic next step in your career, and I would love to hear from you!
The Supply Chain Lead will be responsible for:
- Strategic sourcing of new technology, goods and/or services, managing critical and complex New Product Development phases and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects
- Developing Route-to-Market and Make vs Buy strategies to support Business Development and Revenue growth strategy for your assigned areas
- Negotiating favourable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of technical equipment, custom engineered products, systems, software or components
- Developing new supplier relationships in order to meet the company's future aspirations. This will require knowledge of specific manufacturing, defence, engineering and associated supply chains.
Required background/experience for The Supply Chain Lead:
- Proven experience in supporting New Product Development/Introduction and R&D activities
- Track record of developing suppliers through Global strategic sourcing and improving their performance
- Previous industry experience in defence, aerospace is desirable, however experience within an engineering/technical environment is essential
- Full and unrestricted right to work in the UK, this role does not offer sponsorship and security clearance may need to be obtained
- Strong educational background, relevant degree (business, engineering etc) is highly desirable, so too is formal procurement accreditation (CIPS)
Key skills: Procurement, Category Management, Supply Chain, Indirect, Direct, project procurement, defence procurement, NPD, new product development, R&D,, management, remote working, Global, Strategic Sourcing, Stakeholder Management, Sourcing Manager, Procurement strategies, Procurement Project, Procurement Strategies, Strategic Sourcing, Leading, Manager, buying, category buyer, buyer, procurement buyer, procurement team, indirect procurement, indirects, indirects buyer, purchasing, procurement consultant, supply chain lead, aerospace, defence, enginerring, procurement contracts
Apply for Supply Chain Lead - Global Defence - Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly