2 x Category Manager
We are looking for two Category Managers (1x 12, 1x 24 months contracts)
Key requirements of this positions
This is a category management role and you will:
Work closely with the Associate Director of Procurement to develop agile planning and commissioning of HQIP procurement activity. You will also support the Associate Director of Procurement with the development and continuous improvement of policies, procedures and processes in line with HQIP’s regulatory, commercial and contractual obligations, organisational strategy and residual EU and current UK law.
Manage the procurement and contracting life cycle process for new commissions, contracts being renewed and contract variations to agree standards. You will also support Associate Directors in achieving value for money throughout contract development and negotiation.
Manage internal and external client expectations effectively, be able to motivate and represent procurement as a customer focused business partner. This will require you to have a strong understanding of client needs and respond to internal and external client enquires within acceptable timescales.
Present a positive image of HQIP at all times as well as maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, external partners and other stakeholders. You will remain pro-active and positive at all times.
Qualified as a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS), or working towards being a member (or an appropriate alternative qualification) you will offer:
- Significant relevant experience (3-5 years), with at least three years of category management experience
- Experience running OJEU procurements end to end, including requirements analysis and documentation, tender pack drafting, supplier/market engagement, contract drafting, negotiation, finalisation and award
- Experience of drafting public sector tender documentation
- Experience of drafting Contracts of Appointment, Contracts of Variation and Contractual Agreements ensuring close attention to detail
- Knowledge and use of e-procurement systems
- Ability to create and build good working relationships
- Ability to engender trust and confidence in a professional and empathetic manner
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to work sensitively with a diverse group of stakeholders from different professional disciplines and organisations across a high profile service.
How to apply
To apply, please download a copy of the job description and application form from the HQIP website and return the completed application form, together with the Declaration of Interest and Personal Information Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs sent without a completed application form will not be accepted.
Indicate whether you apply for 12 or 24 months contract
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 12 March 2021
Interviews are planned for: Monday 22 March 2021
Due to the high volume of applications, feedback is only given to shortlisted applicants.
For further information about the post, please contact JULIA ZHANG on email@example.com