Our business is evolving – and so is our approach to procurement. We have recently appointed a brilliant Head of Procurement to take our evolution forward. What we need now is a team of Category Managers to help shape our approach to procurement by leading on the implementation of strategic plans for categories that are crucial to our organisation.
We are looking for four Category Managers to lead in each of these areas:
- Commercial & Marketing
- Property, Utilities & Facilities Management
- Professional Services, People, Operations & Business Support
As a Category Manager, you’ll help to drive through the procurement strategy and embed best in class procurement practices. You’ll have the responsibility of shaping the structure of the category, which is a really exciting opportunity!
If you are a subject matter expert in procurement for technology, you’ll provide specialist advice and support for senior leaders in this area of the business. You'll be able to use your experience in procuring a mix of all technology projects, including networks, telephony, software and hardware.
And as our specialist in procurement for commercial & marketing, you’ll provide specialist advice and support for senior leaders in this area of the business. You'll be able to use your experience in procuring a wide range of goods and services, from marketing materials, to agency agreements and supporting the business on exciting number of commercial and customer initiatives.
If your expertise lie with property, utilities, facilities, you’ll provide specialist advice and support for senior leaders in this area of the business. You'll be able to use your experience in procuring a wide range of products and services, including energy, construction and building services and support for our core infrastructure.
If you are interested in the professional services, people, operations, business support role, you’ll provide specialist advice and support for senior leaders in this area of the business. This is diverse role with a wider variety of opportunities to work alongside our People and HR functions, as well as supporting the day to day procurement of items from stationery to company cars.
As well as working closely with the Head of Procurement and the other Category Managers, you’ll be supported by a team of Assistant Category Managers and Procurement Administrators (which you’ll help to shape and develop).
Speaking of the business, it’s an incredibly exciting time to join Stagecoach – and being honest there’s also plenty of challenge to boot, but we suspect you’re the type of individual that would relish the opportunity to make a difference, no matter if this isn’t always easy!
We’re a complex business in parts, but with a really simple premise – transport is at the heart of a strong economy, a strong society, a strong environment and a strong community…and we’re at the very heart of the transport industry. We have a privileged role in connecting individuals and communities across the UK to healthcare, to employment, to education, to leisure…and most importantly to each other.
An effective and best-in-class procurement strategy will help us to deliver our essential services every day, so the impact of your role cannot be understated.
To put some more meat on the bones, the role will involve:
- Defining and implementing a strategic plan for the category, working with the Head of Procurement and the other Category Managers to drive through the procurement strategy and deliver best in class procurement practices
- Delivering the end-to-end procurement cycle for the category from sourcing to contract drafting
- Controlling all spend within the category, securing best value and maximising economies of scale from supplier expenditure
- Building strong relationships with suppliers to effectively manage contracts and performance, to ensure the needs of the business are met and working with key internal stakeholders across the business to give the procurement agenda credibility and visibility
- Managing corporate risk in relation to procurement and supplier activity, identifying supplier risk areas, quantifying risk exposure and executing risk mitigation actions
As you’d expect, we’ve got a wish list too…
- You’ll have proven track record of managing procurement categories in a large, multi-site business – implementing and embedding strategy, policies and processes
- You’ll have a keen interest in procurement and have experience in and be knowledgeable about the relevant category sector
- You’ll have strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to manage supplier relations and internal relationships effectively
- You’ll be self-motivated and ready to take ownership of situations within the category
- And you’ll be able to develop and manage people, helping to create a high performance team culture.
So if you can tick our boxes, and we’re definitely what you’re looking for, please apply