Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Procurement Consultant
Location: Leeds or Manchester
Closing Date: 16th March 2021
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Due to continued business growth and development of our Consulting business we are seeking to recruit a senior procurement and supply chain management consultant.
You will be responsible for a variety of procurement and SCM activities with an emphasis on procurement strategy, procurement management and growth of our SCM services.
In conjunction with senior members across multidisciplinary teams, the requirements are as follows:
• Based in Leeds and other regional cities, with occasional travel;
• Provide Procurement Consultancy support to delivery teams.
Requirements and skills
- Skilled in the procurement and supply chain management discipline in the built environment;
- Proven skill in delivering value through exemplary procurement and supply chain management;
- Experience in drafting procurement strategies and tender evaluation reports for construction projects;
- Ability to plan and manage a tendering process from inception to Contract Award on significant projects;
- Public sector procurement experience (e.g. use of the Public Contracts Regulations or Utilities Contracts Regulations);
- Confident in a client facing environment;
- Collaborative team-player with ability to operate independently when required;
- Very high standards in written and verbal communication;
- Degree qualified or Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or working towards;
- It is essential that you possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as an open minded and team orientated approach. Strong analytical skills and a pro-active methodical mind-set are essential for success within this detail-orientated environment.
- Wider industry interest and awareness e.g. best practice;
- Undertaking supply chain analysis, benchmarking and development;
- Supply chain continuous improvement capability;
Demonstrable experience of developing and improving supplier performance and supply chains;
- Understanding and application of contract forms such as NEC, JCT, FIDIC. Experience in other forms of contract is also valued;
- People management experience.
Reward and benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Equality and diversity
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.